Official 2020 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

Person makes a statement that he believes is true from a certain perspective, or using some obscure stat he found that makes it misleading but technically true.

That planet.

He frequently uses numbers that are flat out wrong in whatever direction is more favorable but thankfully has started to use “about”, “around”, “I think” when discussing them which makes it more palatable for us law and order types.

Person makes a statement that he believes is true from a certain perspective, or using some obscure stat he found that makes it misleading but technically true.

That planet.
So you are saying he intentionally misleads?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

He frequently uses numbers that are flat out wrong in whatever direction is more favorable but thankfully has started to use “about”, “around”, “I think” when discussing them which makes it more palatable for us law and order types.

So you are accusing Fleck of being a democrat?

We all know that math and numbers are not PJ's strong suit....He was a junior high social studies teacher, not a math teacher.

All this pointless arguing is making me depressed.

I'm going to listen to KFAN so I can hear a real, meaningful discussion of an important topic - who is going to be the 3rd-string cornerback for the Vikings?

Seriously: I've said from Day 1 that Fleck does things that bug me. But I'll live with it if the team does well.

My point/question is this: I get the sense that Fleck does not do anything randomly. I get the vibe that everything he does and says is done and said for a reason. I see him as the kind of guy who makes a list of 'things to do' every day. So, he must have a reason for saying things that seem to stretch the truth. I just can't figure out what that reason might be. Just another one of life's mysteries.

I concur with you SON. He has a method to his madness, and as long as he brings home the bacon (ahem, Championships) what do I care.

So is there any 2020 Gopher football recruiting news??? If not take your bickering somewhere else nobody’s interested.

Why would there be endless jokes. He's already done what coaches here do.

Have a mediocre record and win a minor bowl game. Oh, and he beat Wisconsin.

<b>Are you saying you have higher expectations for Fleck?</b>

Doesn’t everyone? Including the U.
That comes with the much higher salary he has than those other coaches mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. Your pissing matches have nothing to do with recruiting. I want to read about the Gophers, not your opinions of Fleck

Completely agreed. Take it elsewhere and keep this thread to recruiting.

The Mods seem to have punted on this site.

Or maybe the mods recognize PJ is the Gopher’s coach and discussion about him belongs on GH, that discussing what he says about recruiting belongs in a recruiting thread, and that some will strongly object to anything negative about PJ, regardless.

TBH, that debate was far more on topic than these pathetic pleads for the mods to save posters from what they disagree with and don’t want to read.

Or maybe the mods recognize PJ is the Gopher’s coach and discussion about him belongs on GH, that discussing what he says about recruiting belongs in a recruiting thread, and that some will strongly object to anything negative about PJ, regardless.

TBH, that debate was far more on topic than these pathetic pleads for the mods to save posters from what they disagree with and don’t want to read.

Sorry, just don't see what some of these posts have to do with recruiting. Let's start a thread on "Things PJ says. Fake news or coach speak?"

Thanks

If you moderate GH, where does lil' Spoofy go to be a jerk?

"Hello, mommy, are you there?"

Are we all just going to run to the nearest adult and tattle on each other, or is there recrootin' talk to be done. The public wants to know.

Source? I believe Spoof is Reusse. All you gotta do is read the guy. It’s him. Don’t need him here.

If you have that much of an issue with Spoofin put him on ignore. Your assertion he is Patrick is just silly.

per Sid:

• Gophers football coach P.J. Fleck said maintaining the 22 verbal commitments in the 2020 recruiting class until the December signing period is a challenge. “There were 642 de-commitments two years ago alone,” he said. “That is kind of where we’re averaging right now in college football. But I will say that we talk to our recruits every single day, somehow, someway, through text messages or talking on the phone or FaceTime, different things like that.”

http://www.startribune.com/kirk-cou...pot-as-vikings-training-camp-opens/513294692/

Go Gophers!!

Oh Bleed, how dare you bring a relevant post to this thread? We can't have actual recruiting news on this thread!

Looky, looky, looky
Bill Connelly has the Gophers ranked 42nd in 4 year recruiting average for 2016-2019. I’m gonna say that’s a good thing and it’s only gonna get better. You’d be surprised at some of the teams the Gophers are now ahead of when you factor in 2019.

093a112399e6c9ac8148429be2cea1f5.jpg

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

per Megan:

Also of note, the Gophers earned a commitment Wednesday evening from a local recruit. Wyatt Schroeder, a tight end out of St. Francis, will be a preferred walk-on in the 2020 class. The 6-4, 225-pound player is a two-star recruit, according to 247Sports.com. He previously was planning to be a scholarship player at South Dakota State.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...ccording-to-preseason-coaches-poll/513496232/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom