Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    I just checked out the 2020 Minnesota class rankings for the 1st time. There are already 8 4-star players in this class - if it holds, it would have to be the top-ranked high school class in modern history. Suggs is #1 and will play basketball, but it still appears to be loaded.
    I think thats just a flaw in the 247 composite rankings due to it being so early on in the evaluation process. None of those guys are rated 4 stars by espn, Rivals or 247's own rankings in fact all 8 of them are three stars in 247's own rankings. I think virtually any one that already has an evaluation that is at least a 3 star is automatically given 4 star status in the composite rankings simply due to the fact that there are very few 2020 prospects that have received an evaluation so far.

Quote Originally Posted by die hard gopher View Post
    I think thats just a flaw in the 247 composite rankings due to it being so early on in the evaluation process. None of those guys are rated 4 stars by espn, Rivals or 247's own rankings in fact all 8 of them are three stars in 247's own rankings. I think virtually any one that already has an evaluation that is at least a 3 star is automatically given 4 star status in the composite rankings simply due to the fact that there are very few 2020 prospects that have received an evaluation so far.
    That makes more sense. I couldn’t believe there would be that many.

I'd be a little surprised if any of them other than Suggs were rated a 4 star after watching some film on all of them.

Gophers offer Kaden Johnson - 4 star OLB from Minnehaha Academy

He is a little slight right now, but this kid is really athletic.

https://247sports.com/player/kaden-johnson-46050569

Gophers offer teammate of Kaden Johnson and Jalen Suggs, Terry Lockett as well. He'll either be a CB/WR.

https://247sports.com/Player/Terry-Lockett-46050633

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Loblaw View Post

3 star

He's only 15 or 16. Listed at 6'4" 200 lbs. I would say size is not an issue.
    Attention: If the above comment sounds puzzling, adjust your sarcasm setting and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    For you are one of the chosen ones, my son. Please carry my other messages forward and spread them across the land.

Thou shall not root for the Badgers under any circumstances, whatsoever. Doing so will bring upon my wrath and you suffer from the same plague of obesity, stupidity, and ugliness of the one who leads the razorbacks.

Blog Entries

Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

Quote Originally Posted by hungan1 View Post
    I count 11
    Attention: If the above comment sounds puzzling, adjust your sarcasm setting and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    For you are one of the chosen ones, my son. Please carry my other messages forward and spread them across the land.

Thou shall not root for the Badgers under any circumstances, whatsoever. Doing so will bring upon my wrath and you suffer from the same plague of obesity, stupidity, and ugliness of the one who leads the razorbacks.

The Minnehaha offers are interesting. Just the other day I was telling a friend of mine that by the time that class graduates, Suggs will be the third best player on the team - referring to basketball. Don't know if I am right or not, but it is always fun to talk smart.

Quote Originally Posted by die hard gopher View Post
    3 star
    It's odd. He was a 4 star when I looked this morning (you can actually see JG's comment about all the 4 stars in the 2020 class), so there must have been some glitch with 247. He was a 4 star today, he either dropped or glitch.

Quote Originally Posted by hungan1 View Post
    That is a lot of 4 stars for Minnesota. Wow, huge class to win on. I know it’s a long ways away, but have we ever had that many 4 stars come out of MN in the same class?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's odd. He was a 4 star when I looked this morning (you can actually see JG's comment about all the 4 stars in the 2020 class), so there must have been some glitch with 247. He was a 4 star today, he either dropped or glitch.
    Every player listed on 247 for 2020 is a four or five star at this point. I'd be surprised if anyone other than Suggs ends up being rated a 4 star as these rankings get updated.

Quote Originally Posted by BadassMotherFlecker View Post
    That is a lot of 4 stars for Minnesota. Wow, huge class to win on. I know it’s a long ways away, but have we ever had that many 4 stars come out of MN in the same class?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's a glitch. Many years we have zero 4 star. If we have more than 1 it's a probably above average.

Quote Originally Posted by btowngopher View Post
    It's a glitch. Many years we have zero 4 star. If we have more than 1 it's a probably above average.
    It actually keeps fluctuating between 4 and 3 stars, there is some glitch.

When die hard corrected me, he was right, he was a 3 star at that time.

I actually think there is a pretty good chance Kaden Johnson ends up a 4 star. He is a pretty special athlete for a DE.