Official 2020 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

Fleck is putting together the most talented wide receiver cores we have seen in forever!

This will in turn allow him to get the high ranked qb's.

DAM!

Last edited:

Offers from Notre Dame, wisconsin, Iowa, Texas A&M, Iowa State, Arizona State, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri

Last edited:

I watched his Sophomore highlights earlier. He can really make people miss. Reminds me a little of Stefon Diggs. First team all-state as a Sophomore. 3.6 GPA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call me glass half empty, but I'm guessing these other suitors continue to turn up the heat until signing day. Cautiously optimistic until he signs on the dotted line.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

This is good news.

Gophers 2020 class is currently ranked 22nd and 5th in Big Ten, but we all know it will slide before the final signing day as we've seen the last couple years.
Still would hope this puts us in the top 40-50 range again at worst.

I can't believe we're going to keep getting younger, but for us to take that many kids, we'll have to start to see more attrition from the Juniors and Fleck's impromptu class from year #1.

Strategy must be to have some difficult conversations at that point. If we have too many WR's, QB's, DB's, OL's, etc., there will start to be conversations of schools that are a better fit for them athletically, academically, socially, and spiritually.

Strategy must be to have some difficult conversations at that point. If we have too many WR's, QB's, DB's, OL's, etc., there will start to be conversations of schools that are a better fit for them athletically, academically, socially, and spiritually.

Never happens.

Don't forget Micah Dew Treadway got a 6th year, also Udoibok and Copper gray shirted last year. I'm not sure if they count towards this year's 25, but if they do then we have one spot left for this class.

per Megan:

The Gophers added a big commitment Sunday evening.

Daniel Jackson, a wide receiver out of Kansas, is the Gophers highest-ranked recruit in the 2020 class so far. The 5-11, 185-pound player is ranked as a 4-star athlete, according to 247Sports.com. He visited the Gophers earlier this month in the program's big wave of summer official visits.

His addition to the class, the 22nd so far, is a significant get with most of the other members ranked as three-star players. Jackson was expected to pick between the Gophers and Wisconsin.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...ing-experts-analyze-the-2020-class/512036972/

Go Gophers!!

per Megan:

Prior to this commitment (this is important, so don't forget), I spoke to a few recruiting analysts about this 2020 class. Here is what they had to say below:

Tom Lemming, CBS Sports: In a word, Lemming called this class “outstanding” and ranked them No. 23 so far, though that likely won’t hold as the powerhouse programs fill out their classes late. He called out St. Louis athlete Itayvion Brown (“one of the better athletes in the Midwest”) and Kansas running back Ky Thomas (“outstanding vision and balance” and could play right away) as two standouts. He also praised Texans Dylan McGill and Abner Dubar, all the Floridians including top-notch cornerback Jalen Glaze and Martes Lewis, an Indiana offensive lineman with “All-American potential.” Lemming said he appreciated the athletic skill of this class, which will allow the coaches to mold the players into whatever positions they need. He also mentioned that in his own travels this past winter to scout, the Gophers were already a program on many recruits’ minds, which was a good sign considering program has to recruit nationally with a limited talent pool in state. Lemming’s one knock on the program was losing Winona product Aaron Witt to Iowa.

Ryan Burns, 247Sports.com: The local favorite analyst touted coach P.J. Fleck’s staff’s influence on recruiting, praising defensive line coach Jim Panagos’ connections to Florida, cornerbacks coach Rod Chance’s in Georgia and tight ends coach Clay Patterson’s in Texas. Eight commits are from those states. Burns also pointed out Thomas, saying he could be as good as Rodney Smith or better and could play early on with uncertainty at the RB position after Mohamed Ibrahim and with Jason Williamson’s ACL injury this past spring. He also liked linebacker Cody Lindenberg from Anoka as a player who has a chance to reach a four-star rating. There’s no quarterback in this 2020 class, and Burns said not to expect one. With Illinois native Athan Kaliakmanis already committed in 2021 and four freshman and sophomore scholarship quarterbacks already on the roster, the Gophers are giving the “Greek rifle” (Burns' nickname) a vote of confidence for immediate playing time. Jackson was one of the recruiting battles Burns had his eye on, but now he's focused on Minnehaha Academy linebacker Kaden Johnson, another four-star player choosing between the Gophers and Wisconsin.

Josh Helmholdt, Rivals.com: Helmholdt wasn’t quite as high on this class as the previous two analysts (again, pre-Jackson). He said with Fleck’s history of punching above his weight at Western Michigan, he didn’t think the coach would continue to recruit the same level of player. “I kind of expected him, as he made the move from the Mid-American group to Power Five, to kind of step up and recruit higher level guys at a more consistent rate.” But he also said it might be too soon to judge Fleck’s recruiting at the Gophers, since he still doesn’t have a roster full of his own guys to deploy as he sees fit. Helmholdt would like to see the Gophers challenging for the best classes in the Big Ten West, not just in this early period when they have double the number of commits as other programs. In this class, though, Helmholdt also mentioned Brown as the “headliner” so far. Missouri offensive lineman Aireontae Ersery could see his stock rise his senior season, while Georgia cornerback Victor Pless also appear to be a solid backfield addition, according to Helmholdt.

And here’s a bonus recruiting analyst, Fleck himself: “I think it’s a really strong class. We have a lot of needs that we have to be able to continue to fill. A lot of those needs are on the defensive side of the ball, and we’ve focused a lot of that. And I think we’ve really done a great job of again sticking to who we are. We’re going to be a developmental program. We’re going to bring in high school student-athletes. We’re going to develop them for all four or five years and then hopefully have their dreams come true and continue to build a tradition of championships.”

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...ing-experts-analyze-the-2020-class/512036972/

Go Gophers!!

Call me glass half empty, but I'm guessing these other suitors continue to turn up the heat until signing day. Cautiously optimistic until he signs on the dotted line.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I think we're all aware none of these guys are 100% sure to sign.

Kyle Goblirsch just gave Terry Lockett a crystal ball to Michigan State. I'm guessing the gophers don't have room for him at this point based on total scholarships and the fact that they already have 4 other wr verbals.

Michael Rankins to GT. Is it down to Joe Moore or Kaden Johnson?

Joe Moore or Johnson would round the class out really well!

Sounds like Moore is going to happen. We're finishing off the class nicely. I'd guess we'll lose a couple guys along the way and leave a few open for the transfer portal...

Never happens.

Although I believe you are being sarcastic, if the case was it didn't happen before, you would have to consider moving more in that direction now with the widely known transfer portal which aids kids in finding a softer landing spot than playing lower level football.

May as well over-recruit and push kids who really want to play to go somewhere else through the transfer portal.
It's like free agency, and sometimes you don't want to keep your own free agents that badly.

To not adapt to the transfer portal age would seem to be a mistake.

Sounds like Moore is going to happen. We're finishing off the class nicely. I'd guess we'll lose a couple guys along the way and leave a few open for the transfer portal...

Moore is going to take an OV to ASU and isn't deciding until august 18th so still aways to go. Might visit Illinois again as well.

But the Trieu and Wiltfong CB's are promising.

Although I believe you are being sarcastic, if the case was it didn't happen before, you would have to consider moving more in that direction now with the widely known transfer portal which aids kids in finding a softer landing spot than playing lower level football.

May as well over-recruit and push kids who really want to play to go somewhere else through the transfer portal.
It's like free agency, and sometimes you don't want to keep your own free agents that badly.

To not adapt to the transfer portal age would seem to be a mistake.

Couldn’t agree with you more. It is a necessity in CFB today.

The 2 gray shirts from last year must not count towards the 25 cap then?

I have no idea how the numbers will work. Just that the staff won't turn away either of those guys. Kaden would be the highest-rated recruit in the class and Moore would be 2nd.

It's almost a sure thing that we will have a few decommits between now and December. That's probably the most likely option.

I have no idea how the numbers will work. Just that the staff won't turn away either of those guys. Kaden would be the highest-rated recruit in the class and Moore would be 2nd.

It's almost a sure thing that we will have a few decommits between now and December. That's probably the most likely option.

Yeah I was curious about the rules, like can you go over 25 as long as you only end up signing 25, do gray shirts count towards the 25 or just the 85, etc.

Top Bottom