Official 2020 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

Gophers receive commit from Lucas Finnessy. 3* OLB from Sussex, WI.

#3 overall OLB on 247 for the Midwest. Picked Minnesota over offers from NDSU, Ball State, Illinois State, Miami (OH), Northern Illinois.

https://247sports.com/college/minn...essy-130802462/Amp/?__twitter_impression=true

https://twitter.com/finnessylucas/status/1113636713426051073?s=21

Believe he will do well for us and will be one of those diamonds in the rough. Who cares what his offers are now. What matters is what other schools are missing out on as to a good football player.

With our current QBs and Athan already committed for 2021, I don't see us getting much in the way of QBs in 2020.

Agreed, We maybe take 1 QB due to current QB numbers and the fact that this class will probably be smaller than the past 2. Think if we sign a QB it'll either be after the football season starts, or it'll be a transfer.

Agreed, We maybe take 1 QB due to current QB numbers and the fact that this class will probably be smaller than the past 2. Think if we sign a QB it'll either be after the football season starts, or it'll be a transfer.

We have a 3 man race all underclassmen currently at qb and Kremer is a developmental year away from joining the fracas. I know the thought process is get 1 QB every year but should pass on that notion for 2020 with a good QB already signed in 2021.

Athan's signing sealed the deal. Use the extra scholie for another OL or LB.

Athan's signing sealed the deal. Use the extra scholie for another OL or LB.

This really shows how far we've come in recruiting. In the past, getting a decent QB was always number 1 priority. Guys like Mitch were great in terms of character, effort and giving it all, but the talent just wasn't there. Really nice to see how the times have changed.

In Fleck we trust, but I’m a little surprised about the lack of P5 offers most of our recruits have, especially considering this is going to be a smaller class. Not too concerned considering the staff has done a nice job of identifying talent and it’s very early in the cycle, but noteworthy nonetheless.

The offensive arsenal that the Gophers are amassing certainly factor heavily in attracting better QB talent.

The Gophers are serious and deliberate about building and improving. The talent that they recruit are recruiting others. Zack Annexstad recruited his fellow IMG Academy teammates Dunlop and Faalele which was a major coup. Jacob Clark helped get fellow Texan Nnamdi Adim-Madumere. Now, we are hearing Athan Kaliakmanis doing similar recruiting.

Good things are ahead.

The offensive arsenal that the Gophers are amassing certainly factor heavily in attracting better QB talent.

The Gophers are serious and deliberate about building and improving. The talent that they recruit are recruiting others. Zack Annexstad recruited his fellow IMG Academy teammates Dunlop and Faalele which was a major coup. Jacob Clark helped get fellow Texan Nnamdi Adim-Madumere. Now, we are hearing Athan Kaliakmanis doing similar recruiting.

Good things are ahead.

Lets not forget about Ky Thomas and the work he is doing. Got Daniel Jackson to even take a visit here. Agreed tho, it's nice to see other guys commit and play with their buddies in Maroon and Gold!

Justin Bellido , a WR from Brooklyn, will be here on an unofficial this weekend. He’s bringing his dad and high school coach along and has said we are his leader. Chances are good he commits over the weekend and we add our 2nd WR to this class.

It also sounds like we probably won’t add a QB to this class given the recent commitment of Kaliakmanis.

Justin Bellido , a WR from Brooklyn, will be here on an unofficial this weekend. He’s bringing his dad and high school coach along and has said we are his leader. Chances are good he commits over the weekend and we add our 2nd WR to this class.

It also sounds like we probably won’t add a QB to this class given the recent commitment of Kaliakmanis.

https://247sports.com/Player/Justin-Bellido-46053435/

Are we running the air raid?

We have a 3 man race all underclassmen currently at qb and Kremer is a developmental year away from joining the fracas. I know the thought process is get 1 QB every year but should pass on that notion for 2020 with a good QB already signed in 2021.

he's not technically signed, could still back out

I'd be surprised if they still don't take a QB. Lots of things can change between now and when Kaliakmanis could set foot on campus.

I'd be surprised if they still don't take a QB. Lots of things can change between now and when Kaliakmanis could set foot on campus.

It's also because we just took 2 QBs in the last class. Anyone we take for the class of 2020, unless they are a blue-chip player, will likely be the 5th string QB behind Morgan/Annexstad/Clark/Kramer for multiple years. I'd rather add another o-linemen, WR, DB, etc to this class than a 4th or 5th string QB.

It's also because we just took 2 QBs in the last class. Anyone we take for the class of 2020, unless they are a blue-chip player, will likely be the 5th string QB behind Morgan/Annexstad/Clark/Kramer for multiple years. I'd rather add another o-linemen, WR, DB, etc to this class than a 4th or 5th string QB.

Suggs?

Suggs or another “elite” prospect would obviously be a take. I’m just not sure they would go after a QB who is similar in talent to those we currently have on the roster. Likewise, would a prep QB want to come here with 4 scholarship underclassmen on the roster?

What are the odds Suggs plays college football? Maybe 10%? And the chance he plays football for the Gophers is probably closer to 1%.

Bringing his HS coach along. That's pretty serious. Definitely like that he respects his coach enough to bring him along for a decision of this caliber. And normally I wouldn't be too impressed with an offer sheet like this.....but we're beating out some P5 teams in his backyard. And Syracuse just came off a 10 win season and BC is quietly a solid team year in and year out.

You're probably right. I just think there's a good chance at least one of those four are not on the team in a year or two. That's just the norm in today's college football.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

per Megan:

Another commit

Shortly after the spring game’s conclusion, the Gophers garnered another commitment. Justin Bellido, a wide receiver out of Brooklyn and Erasmus Hall High School in New York City, announced his decision on Twitter. The 5-10, 165-pounder is the eighth member of the 2020 class. He is a three-star recruit, according to 247Sports.

http://www.startribune.com/right-ta...s-touchdown-in-gophers-spring-game/508550202/

Go Gophers!!

Bringing his HS coach along. That's pretty serious. Definitely like that he respects his coach enough to bring him along for a decision of this caliber. And normally I wouldn't be too impressed with an offer sheet like this.....but we're beating out some P5 teams in his backyard. And Syracuse just came off a 10 win season and BC is quietly a solid team year in and year out.

I'm pretty impressed with his offer list, especially for this time of the year.

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

When I see Bleed posting, I jump to see what he's got. For the most part he gives us good news. Do need to hear the bad unfortunately as well.

Top Bottom