Official 2020 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

IMO we've gone overboard with recruiting some position groups (i.e. RB, d-backs) but have short changed the o-line the last 2 recruiting cycles. Losing Collier hurts because we only had 3 o-linemen committed this class and only took 2 in 2018. This will need to be a priority for the staff in December, but unfortunately most o-linemen commit early and the staff will likely have to poach someone to get the numbers up.

IMO we've gone overboard with recruiting some position groups (i.e. RB, d-backs) but have short changed the o-line the last 2 recruiting cycles. Losing Collier hurts because we only had 3 o-linemen committed this class and only took 2 in 2018. This will need to be a priority for the staff in December, but unfortunately most o-linemen commit early and the staff will likely have to poach someone to get the numbers up.

Agreed, I think there should be 3-4 OL every year

Are there any homegrown late bloomer OLs that have the physicality and speed who are coachable that will be great in two to three years?

We see ocassional linemen playing at SDSU or NDSU who clearly could have played D1.

I believe that Fleck said he wants to operate with 15 scholarship lineman. Currently we are at 14, if you include Tyler Cooper as a scholarship player. I assume that only Ben Davis will leave after this year and thus we will be at 15.

Next year we will have three seniors and hopefully will get to the point where we are taking 3-4 per year.

This is one of those where the player rating and offer list appear to be in very stark contrast to each other.

I think he was originally rated much higher but dropped in the ratings. If I had to guess, the Bama and LSU offers have dried up although I don't know that for sure.

Humble Gopher recruit Jonathan Mann returns to form for Rosemount

Mann, a 6-4, 200-pound receiver with great speed, was the first player from the Class of 2020 to give a verbal commitment to Gophers coach P.J. Fleck. He chose Minnesota over Arkansas, Iowa and Iowa State.

The April 2018 announcement came after a strong sophomore season in which Mann caught 30 passes for 662 yards and seven touchdowns. Extra defensive attention, and internal pressure to be even better, followed. The result: A humbling junior season, with 24 catches for 362 yards and just one touchdown.

This fall he returned to form as the primary game-breaker for Rosemount (3-3) through six games, hauling in 18 passes for 510 yards and five scores. He enjoyed a signature four-touchdown game on Sept. 20 against Farmington.

"It's going pretty well," said Mann, who plays on Friday at Burnsville. "Every route I run, every block I make, every catch, it's about confidence for me. I'm just getting more and more confident in my abilities."

http://www.startribune.com/humble-g...mann-returns-to-form-for-rosemount/562750142/

Go Gophers!!

Jonathan Mann at a glance

Honored hurdler: In addition to his football prowess, Mann is a four-time all-state performer on the track. At the Class 2A state meet last spring, he placed second in the 110-meter hurdles and ran a leg of Rosemount's third place 4x200 relay.

Help from mom: At the urging of Gophers coach P.J. Fleck, Kathy Mann purchased a JUGS football machine (which she found on Craigslist) to help develop her son's hands. He caught 100 balls per day last spring and summer.

Maroon and gold goals: "They are building some pretty elite wide receivers, which is exciting," said Mann, a nod to current Gophers Tyler Johnson and Rashod Bateman.

http://www.startribune.com/rosemount-s-jonathan-mann-at-a-glance/562774382/

Go Gophers!!

Bumping this thread back up from page 4. Any updates on Joe Moore, Kaden Johnson, or an OL prospect?

Bumping this thread back up from page 4. Any updates on Joe Moore, Kaden Johnson, or an OL prospect?

247 says Moore visited Arizona St this last weekend. He would have seen a good win against Wash St. Johnson visited Nebraska in Sept and saw an epic beatdown by Ohio St, then visited Oregon St last weekend and saw a beatdown by Utah.

Crystal ball has Moore to AZ St now and Johnson is 50/50 between us and Wis although nothing there since June.

Updated ESPN 300 is out and Daniel Jackson is in it (#223) and just a bit higher than Kaden Johnson. Here's to hoping we have two ESPN 300 guys in this class!

Sounds like Moore will commit to ASU. kaden who cares. some of our best recruits were late additions to the class. Patience.

I think MN is mostly done recruiting for 2020.

I think MN is mostly done recruiting for 2020.

That would surprise me, as I would expect at least one or two decommitments before we get to signing day. The majority of the fireworks are likely done though, and 2021 is getting rolling.

That would surprise me, as I would expect at least one or two decommitments before we get to signing day. The majority of the fireworks are likely done though, and 2021 is getting rolling.

Could it be a RB from Kansas?

Yeah, I can see 1-2 more guys committing and 1-2 guys leaving, but I wouldn't expect much traction. Gophers would take Kaden Johnson and Terry Locket being 2 we'd take if they chose to come here

Yeah, I can see 1-2 more guys committing and 1-2 guys leaving, but I wouldn't expect much traction. Gophers would take Kaden Johnson and Terry Locket being 2 we'd take if they chose to come here

It'll likely be ~5. It just happens every year.

Didn't we still have 1 spot before that O lineman just decommitted?

Top Bottom