Official 2020 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

per Sid:

• Gophers football coach P.J. Fleck on how he viewed the program’s June recruiting: “We had 16 commits in the month of June. I think that’s one of the biggest months we have ever had in our program history, not just at the University of Minnesota but me being a head coach and our staff being together. Sixteen commits in the month of June. I would consider that an epic June.”

http://www.startribune.com/twins-owner-jim-pohlad-fired-up-and-fearful-of-playoff-push/512687682/

Go Gophers!!

Have recruits always been able to commit in June prior to their senior year?

Being able to take an official this early is a new development though...believe last year was the first year. A benefit to get kids up here in the summer months to experience the area.

Joe Moore announcing commitment on August 18th. Gophers Crystal Ball favorites. Would be a nice addition. Sorry if this has been posted.

Joe Moore announcing commitment on August 18th. Gophers Crystal Ball favorites. Would be a nice addition. Sorry if this has been posted.

The national guy for 247Sports, Allen Trieu, had this to say about Moore:

Defensive lineman Joe Moore tore through the camp circuit this off-season and finds himself as one of the Midwest's most coveted prospects. He plans to announce his commitment on August 18th with a visit to Arizona State still to come. Minnesota leads on the 247Sports Crystal Ball but the Sun Devils, Illinois and Missouri, where he is a legacy, are among those still in contention.

https://247sports.com/college/minne...mmitted-recruits-stand-133727067/#133727067_3

I felt like we were full for DE but this 247 breakdown shows we have some spots to fill there:

Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 9.08.33 AM.jpg

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

#Gophers football program has sent each member of its 2020 recruiting class a graphic touting how they're currently considered a "consensus Top 25 class," per 247sports, rivals and ESPN. The U currently has 22 members with some room to grow.— Andy Greder (@andygreder) July 25, 2019

Go Gophers!!

I take it we are targeting kids who don’t know how to use the internet?

Likely an honest mistake or just coach speak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, I don't know. From a sales standpoint, never a bad idea to reinforce a perceived positive. Keep getting something new from you in front of them.

The ones who use the internet probably stumble across Gopherhole, read all the negativity, and end up going elsewhere.

Oh, I don't know. From a sales standpoint, never a bad idea to reinforce a perceived positive. Keep getting something new from you in front of them.

I believe he's speaking more to the fact that this is an untrue statement. Our class is not top 25 on either 247 or ESPN.

Well, it may be technically true or was for a brief moment but obviously won’t hold up by December barring a barrage of favorable re-ratings and/or new 4 star recruits. I suppose we could tout some swag with a championship season in 2018 and asterisk * Quick Lane bowl in 1 point font on the back. Technically true.

I believe he's speaking more to the fact that this is an untrue statement. Our class is not top 25 on either 247 or ESPN.

Wonder if someone got confused when they looked at the top 25 list on 247. Underneath each team's ranking is their previous rank, which says 22 for MN. Could have also considered 247 alone to be "consensus" since it is based on composite rankings.

Or maybe they're just flat out lying.

Wonder if someone got confused when they looked at the top 25 list on 247. Underneath each team's ranking is their previous rank, which says 22 for MN. Could have also considered 247 alone to be "consensus" since it is based on composite rankings.

Or maybe they're just flat out lying.

The thing underneath is 247s own rankings, not composite. Maybe someone jumped them on ESPN since those were sent.

I added Kaden Johnson, Joe Moore, and Denver Warren to the commit list, so two 4* and one high 3*. I think these are best case scenario commits. Would put this current class below 2018, but in that 35-40 class rank range. This would exceed my expectations.

We're currently 26th on 247 for 2020, and 8th for 2021.

Of course, they might have been top 25 when that was put together. We all know those rankings are fluid. One commit or a bump in ranking can make a big difference, but many Gopherholers choose to play the “liar” card without knowing the facts. I think some of these people enjoy being miserable fans. That’s what decades of mediocrity will do.

Of course, they might have been top 25 when that was put together. We all know those rankings are fluid. One commit or a bump in ranking can make a big difference, but many Gopherholers choose to play the “liar” card without knowing the facts. I think some of these people enjoy being miserable fans. That’s what decades of mediocrity will do.

Or maybe it’s just being realistic about where the class will end up. Anyone with a brain could tell the “top 25” claim was opportunistic or borne out of embellishment at best. Will still be a decent class with a strong finish but won’t be close to the top 25.

How about ESPN? Was that “fluid” too. 2/3 did Not have us Top 25. Period. What facts am I missing? The denial on this site that PJ and MC are intentionally dishonest has gotten absurd. Again, you are in your right to not care about the meaningless things they lie about - they certainly don’t change the World - but Dear God, how many more examples does one need before they stop coming up with wild scenarios to justify them? Seriously.

How about ESPN? Was that “fluid” too. 2/3 did Not have us Top 25. Period. What facts am I missing? The denial on this site that PJ and MC are intentionally dishonest has gotten absurd. Again, you are in your right to not care about the meaningless things they lie about - they certainly don’t change the World - but Dear God, how many more examples does one need before they stop coming up with wild scenarios to justify them? Seriously.

If 247 is at 26, is it reasonable to assume ESPN is probably close to that, as well, and that it could have shifted recently? Seriously, all you do is run down the head coach of the team you claim to support, over these incidental things. What are you trying to accomplish? If anyone thinks recruits never stumble across these threads they’re delusional. They’re deciding whether to commit to the coaching staff. They could care less about the school.

247s own rankings have them ranked 22nd. Why lie about meaningless things like this Spoofin?

If 247 is at 26, is it reasonable to assume ESPN is probably close to that, as well, and that it could have shifted recently? Seriously, all you do is run down the head coach of the team you claim to support, over these incidental things. What are you trying to accomplish? If anyone thinks recruits never stumble across these threads they’re delusional. They’re deciding whether to commit to the coaching staff. They could care less about the school.

You obviously have your own agenda- nothing the Spoofmeister says is incorrect. While I like what PJ has accomplished so far and especially what he does for the young men when they get here it aggravates me as well that he and Coyle make baseless claims, embellish results, etc. It’s hard to believe for men whose jobs depend on attention to detail can make such “mistakes” consistently. If a commit is dissuaded from attending here because of people unmasking consistent misleading statements made by our staff, and wouldn’t have the intellect to figure out that the claims are incorrect on their own- I doubt they’d be able to get into the U anyways[emoji6].

You obviously have your own agenda- nothing the Spoofmeister says is incorrect. While I like what PJ has accomplished so far and especially what he does for the young men when they get here it aggravates me as well that he and Coyle make baseless claims, embellish results, etc. It’s hard to believe for men whose jobs depend on attention to detail can make such “mistakes” consistently. If a commit is dissuaded from attending here because of people unmasking consistent misleading statements made by our staff, and wouldn’t have the intellect to figure out that the claims are incorrect on their own- I doubt they’d be able to get into the U anyways[emoji6].

His 3rd sentence is entirely incorrect. So who really has an agenda?

So is the top 25 on ESPN brand new as nobody has stated this up til now? At worst Spoofman should have just stated the consensus claim was entirely incorrect.

247s own rankings have them ranked 22nd. Why lie about meaningless things like this Spoofin?

Why would they lie about meaningless things like this? Great question. I don't begin to understand - but this isn't the first time. Not even close. I'm having trouble keeping track - maybe a new signature will help. I honestly can't believe some are going with the "honest mistake" or "mixed-up" excuse - again.

If a recruit finds honesty important and would be turned off by a coach using misleading statements - then I think I would have done them a service. It's not like I am asking for much here.

Misread your post- true the 247 in-house ranking is 25- but the rivals, 247 composite and ESPN rankings do not provide close to consensus.

Top Bottom