Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Deckergopher View Post
    There’s a 5⭐️ TE/DE from the same high school Camron Wiley and Jordan Howden with Gopher offer... No reason PJ can’t start adding one every once in a while.
    We aren’t allowed to have 5 star recruits. They would have to bump him down to a 4, maybe even high 3, to be allowed to commit to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful Pessimist View Post
    Now that the 2019 class is in the books, I have some preliminary thoughts about 2020. As far as in-state recruiting, I like the commitments of Jonathan Mann and Aaron Witt. For now, I'd be satisfied with adding Kaden Johnson, Craig McDonald and the top O-lineman---I'm guessing Jalen Travis.
    I don't see Suggs as a possibility. In addition to the usual areas, the signing of D'Vion Harris gives me hope for a greater connection with Lutheran North of St. Louis.
    Some people were disappointed about not getting Houston or Kristian Williams. There's no reason why we can't add 4-stars at WR, DT, OL, etc.
    It's great to see Jadon Thompson's interest. Finally, I have 2 main areas of concern. I'd like to add 4 O-linemen beyond Cooper and 2 RB's who are elusive runners with the potential to catch passes out of the backfield.
    The backfield is getting crowded- I hope we land just one top flight RB this class. Someone with top end speed like Darwin Barlow...

Agree that we probably want 4 o-linemen after last year’s light class.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful Pessimist View Post
    Now that the 2019 class is in the books, I have some preliminary thoughts about 2020. As far as in-state recruiting, I like the commitments of Jonathan Mann and Aaron Witt. For now, I'd be satisfied with adding Kaden Johnson, Craig McDonald and the top O-lineman---I'm guessing Jalen Travis.
    I don't see Suggs as a possibility. In addition to the usual areas, the signing of D'Vion Harris gives me hope for a greater connection with Lutheran North of St. Louis.
    Some people were disappointed about not getting Houston or Kristian Williams. There's no reason why we can't add 4-stars at WR, DT, OL, etc.
    It's great to see Jadon Thompson's interest. Finally, I have 2 main areas of concern. I'd like to add 4 O-linemen beyond Cooper and 2 RB's who are elusive runners with the potential to catch passes out of the backfield.
    I'd be more than satisfied adding Kaden Johnson and Craig McDonald.

Yikes

Haha hahah that makes rivals look really good

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered User View Post

That's actually really funny, great work by Rivals! They continue to fall further and further behind

Wait, was his 40 time Hand Held or Electronic?

I think we can now conclusively say that offers have a significant impact on the ranking a recruit receives.

Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    I think we can now conclusively say that offers have a significant impact on the ranking a recruit receives.
    Don't let dpoll catch you saying that!

From Rivals, yeah. The fact that 247's composite picked him up, but they didn't rate him themselves makes them look a lot better than Rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Chitown Gopher View Post
    Wait, was his 40 time Hand Held or Electronic?
    I heard it was 4.1 And that's 40 ft...not yards!

But can we? I mean, "he" was given a low 3 star ranking despite offers from the biggest helmet schools (Alabama, Georgia and Florida). Alabama for instance has signed just 8 players (non-kickers) ranked low 3 star or worse over past decade. Their typical recruit is more 4 and 5 star. If anything, they showed some restraint by not ranking "him" higher.

Quote Originally Posted by WinLoseOrTy View Post
    But can we? I mean, "he" was given a low 3 star ranking despite offers from the biggest helmet schools (Alabama, Georgia and Florida). Alabama for instance has signed just 8 players (non-kickers) ranked low 3 star or worse over past decade. Their typical recruit is more 4 and 5 star. If anything, they showed some restraint by not ranking "him" higher.
    That's kind of what I was thinking.

It's safe to say they make up rankings, but it's not like this kid had a big bump from the Bama offer.

Quote Originally Posted by WinLoseOrTy View Post
    Given that this ‘kid’ doesn’t really exist, 3 stars was pretty generous. If Bama had offered and they could confirm he was a real human being, it would have quickly gone to 4 stars.