Official 2020 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

As expected, Joe Moore picks Arizona St. We could have used the help on the defensive line.

Hopefully a 7-0 start cements our current 2020 and our 2021 commitments.

I think Kaden Johnson will fit really well into Kamal's LB position. It is his choice. Why not stay home and be a part of the lasting legacy of a rising program? Kudos to the "Empire Class" who chose to stay home and help the U.

Hopefully a 7-0 start cements our current 2020 and our 2021 commitments.

I think Kaden Johnson will fit really well into Kamal's LB position. It is his choice. Why not stay home and be a part of the lasting legacy of a rising program? Kudos to the "Empire Class" who chose to stay home and help the U.

we certainly can sell the guy on playing time! and how our backers are playing....and Cashman last year....we have a lot to sell at the position! man would that be awesome if he decided to stay

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Georgia ATH Dakota Thomas commits to Minnesota

IN HIS OWN WORDS

"This decision was easy because I go where they love me as a person, and not just as an athlete," said Thomas. "Minnesota offered me June 7th, and they always came after me hard.

"I’ve been leaning towards Minnesota for like a month now, and after discussing things with them with my family, I have committed.

"I knew Minnesota was right for me when they showed love for me and went to the full extent to contact me everyday to make sure I was doing well. They made sure I was good academically, mentally and physically.

"I told coach Fleck and coach Chance I was ready to commit on the 22nd, so they have known of my decision.

"The biggest reason I chose Minnesota is because they never gave up on me and the way the show love. Also the way they stayed with me every step of my injury meant a lot to me.

"Minnesota wants me on both sides of the ball. Coach Fleck wants me to play receiver and coach Chance wants me to play defensive back. I see myself excelling at any position they put me at."

https://sports.yahoo.com/georgia-ath-dakota-thomas-commits-114848329.html

Go Gophers!!

Any other news of recruits going to be on campus this weekend?

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

He is from Germany isn't he? I wonder if his commitment was conditional. Does that mean that the Gophers coaching staff have something cooking?

He is from Germany isn't he? I wonder if his commitment was conditional. Does that mean that the Gophers coaching staff have something cooking?

This was the Dutch guy. I'm sure it means something else is in the pipeline...

Wouldn't be shocked if we saw one or two more drop off shortly as well, since out of ~25 kids you'd expect a couple to not meet expectations.

Any news on recruits going to the penn st game?

They've been checking on academic progress, etc... on the recruiting trips, etc... just make sure kids are in good standing, not in trouble etc...

Seeing a bunch of PWO offers this week on twitter in the wake of the big win. A couple kids from Wayzata and some from Wisconsin. Signing day is 5 weeks from yesterday, Dec. 18th.

Seeing a bunch of PWO offers this week on twitter in the wake of the big win. A couple kids from Wayzata and some from Wisconsin. Signing day is 5 weeks from yesterday, Dec. 18th.

Only 4 weeks and 6 days of recruiting left! Hope we can round this class out nicely over the last month.

IF, Fleck leads UMn to a 13-0 season going into the bowl game, WHERE on earth would be greener pastures? Bama? Is Saban getting bored or something? I doubt he has any reason to want to coach in the NFL. I'm being serious here.

Maybe Michigan? Harbaugh is struggling to realize the talent of a roster loaded with 4 star and some 5 star guys. Why would Fleck accept a job there? Because Michigan is a bigger name, elite or near elite (or should be) and thus able to attract higher-ranked recruits.

I hope he doesn't leave and maybe the recent contract extension will help if there' a large buyout required to leave early. There's no shame in being motivated by money--happens all the time in college football and life in general.

Only 4 weeks and 6 days of recruiting left! Hope we can round this class out nicely over the last month.

How many PWO can we offer? My understanding is that a Preferred means you're automatically included in the 125 active roster list. Along those lines, the only football coach I really got to know was Dennis Franchione (when he was at New Mexico) and one item he told me is that the best way to rate a recruiting class is to look at the caliber of the walk-ons.

Maybe Michigan? Harbaugh is struggling to realize the talent of a roster loaded with 4 star and some 5 star guys. Why would Fleck accept a job there? Because Michigan is a bigger name, elite or near elite (or should be) and thus able to attract higher-ranked recruits.

I hope he doesn't leave and maybe the recent contract extension will help if there' a large buyout required to leave early. There's no shame in being motivated by money--happens all the time in college football and life in general.

There is no chance the Michigan good ol' boys will put up with PJ's schtick. They only put up with Harbaugh because he is one of their own.

You just don't get it do you.

Dear Bob,

Every post you make sucks.

Sincerely,

GH

The turning a program around and getting the best out of your athletes shtick?

it's funny because middle of last year everyone wanted to run fleck out of town saying he couldn't do both of these things.

Speaking of recruiting - how's this for recruiting - the Gopher Volleyball team announced its recruiting class for next year. It includes the #1 and #3-ranked players nationally. Two of the top three players in the freakin' country. Now that's recruiting.

Top Bottom