Official 2020 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

My favorite, "what the hell, a motorized boat, I thought we would row the boat!"

Amazing how some can't take any tongue in cheek sarcasm when it comes to Fleck.

I will say it is hard to troll without a motor...

Amazing how some can't take any tongue in cheek sarcasm when it comes to Fleck.

Too bad more can’t just ignore it like a certain poster in here does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did Kaden Johnson set a commitment date or is he planning on doing it during his senior season?

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Did Kaden Johnson set a commitment date or is he planning on doing it during his senior season?

Planned visit to Madison. Worth watching for a commitment however. Key piece to the class.

per Steve:

Minnesota’s summer splash recruiting week was more like a tidal wave as P.J. Fleck and his Gophers staff landed 11 commits over six days, growing this 2020 class from eight to 19, rising all the way to No. 22 in the 247Sports Composite Team Recruiting Rankings.

And if the Gophers continue to take the steps forward that Fleck and company have planned, this week is going to go a long way towards that success.

Offensive tackles Aireontae Ersery and Martes Lewis, safety Michael Dixon, athlete Dylan McGill, defensive end Claude Larkins, cornerback Benjamin Onwuzo, defensive end Gage Keys, defensive tackle Ali Saad, cornerbacks Jalen Glaze and Victor Pless and defensive end Melle Kreuder all said yes, with all but McGill being in town on their official visit - which included hanging out at Fleck’s lake house. Truly a national recruiting effort as Minnesota combed Missouri, Indiana, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Ohio, Michigan and even Germany for this crop. This is a class that also has commitments from Kansas, Wisconsin, New York, Tennessee, the Netherlands and of course Minnesota.

These two offensive tackles Minnesota got this week in the 6-foot-5, 273-pound Ersery and the 6-foot-7, 320-Lewis could be special. Ersery has the balance, body control, quickness and explosive strength traits to him, he’s raw as an o-lineman but there is a lot to like regarding the Kansas City (Mo.) Ruskin standout. Lewis is explosive and very strong, a finisher up front and a freight train when he pulls. Both are over 50-foot shot put throwers too.

This is a strong group in the secondary as well. The 6-foot-1, 186-pound Dixon was the staff’s top safety target, a player that is plug and play as a true freshman. He has 4.5 laser-timed speed in the 40-yard dash (The Opening Regional) a 36-inch vertical and he’s instinctive and seems to relish laying the wood. Pless was the top cornerback on the board, a smooth, fluid athlete with length that as he adds strength will certainly add speed. Speaking of speed, the 5-foot-11, 185-pound Onwuzo will arrive on campus ready to roll in that department, a 4.59 guy that can change direction and brings position flexibility to the back end. Injury kept him on the shelf most of his junior year at Hollywood (Fla.) Chaminade-Madonna Prep but a spring eval made him a coveted target for this staff. Glaze had six interceptions as a junior and also shows ability to make things happen on special teams.

https://247sports.com/Article/Inside-Minnesotas-massive-week-on-the-recruiting-trail-133048017/

Go Gophers!!

A lot of them still have more visits.

Saad and Keys are likely to commit shortly.

Also, these visits weren't just yesterday. Those same are here yet today. visiting the sites in the cities and spending time at Fleck's lakehouse.

Wow, you were right on here. Great insight. Anything else we should look forward to?

Since we are being crystal balled for an another linebacker does that mean we aren’t waiting for Johnson to make his decision or is there still room?

What’s our scholly count for next year at now? Do we already know who is going to leave after this year even before Fall practice?

Since we are being crystal balled for an another linebacker does that mean we aren’t waiting for Johnson to make his decision or is there still room?

Who is the other linebacker? I’m sure we still take Johnson if he chooses to come here.

Who is the other linebacker? I’m sure we still take Johnson if he chooses to come here.

It's Itayvion Brown from Lutheran North of St. Louis. He has excellent offers, and I like the idea of adding another player from Lutheran North. We'll have a better idea about Kaden Johnson after the OV to Wisconsin.

It's Itayvion Brown from Lutheran North of St. Louis. He has excellent offers, and I like the idea of adding another player from Lutheran North. We'll have a better idea about Kaden Johnson after the OV to Wisconsin.

Interesting how his offer list is just as impressive or maybe more impressive than Johnson’s.

Aaron Witt is visiting Iowa today. Is it the consensus he will be committing to them at this point?

There’s a new crystal ball entry from this morning on 247, for Itayvion Brown, but it can only be viewed with a subscription. Can anyone share what it says?

What’s our scholly count for next year at now? Do we already know who is going to leave after this year even before Fall practice?

Obviously a moving target, but based on what I could gather numbers wise from 247 this morning, I think it is 90 when I subtract the current seniors on scholarship. It was higher when the class was at 15, so not sure how accurate 247 is at updating the numbers. Anyone have better numbers?

There’s a new crystal ball entry from this morning on 247, for Itayvion Brown, but it can only be viewed with a subscription. Can anyone share what it says?

Minnesota!

It's us or Kansas with a Minnesota lean.

There are many who like this guy more than Kaden Johnson. Brown is physical and a big hitter.

Johnson is Minnesota or Wisconsin. How about a winner takes all game against Wisconsin. Whichever school wins gets Johnson.

Aaron Witt is visiting Iowa today. Is it the consensus he will be committing to them at this point?

Maybe, but they also have 3 other DEs committed. There may not be a spot for him.

Interesting how his offer list is just as impressive or maybe more impressive than Johnson’s.

Johnson really doesn’t have great offers for a recruit ranked as high as he is. Brown has offers from FSU, LSU and many others. Usually rankings and offers line up pretty close, but that doesn’t seem to be the case for our 2020 class.

Johnson really doesn’t have great offers for a recruit ranked as high as he is. Brown has offers from FSU, LSU and many others. Usually rankings and offers line up pretty close, but that doesn’t seem to be the case for our 2020 class.

It could be because Kaden has made it clear to schools he is staying in the midwest so teams are hesitant to offer. Coughlin was a top 100 recruit and only had offers from OSU, Oregon, Wisconsin MSU and Iowa because most schools knew he was going to either MN, OSU or Oregon and didn't entertain much interest from other teams.

Finger Lakes Times: The most diverse 2020 recruiting class so far? Look to Minnesota

The land of 10,000 Lakes, Minnesota has grown steadily more diverse as a population across recent decades. It's no longer Garrison Keillor's Lake Wobegon state, unless Lake Woebegone assimilated a sizable population of African immigrants and an influx from other states.

Now the University of Minnesota football team is doing its part. After a massive recruiting week that included 11 different commitments, the Golden Gophers now include incoming 2020 players from the following states and countries: Minnesota, Tennessee, New York, Wisconsin, Kansas, Michigan, Ohio, Texas, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Missouri, Germany and the Netherlands.

As noted by 247Sports' Steve Wiltfong, Minnesota's sudden volume surge has lifted the Gophers to the No. 22 recruiting class in the country. That's impressive, but the variety of places they are pulling future players from is perhaps the most remarkable aspect of coach P.J. Fleck's early efforts.

No, none of the new Minnesota recruits are 4-star prospects, but many have alluring potential. That includes German defensive end Melle Krueder -- a 6-foot-3, 235 pound athletic beast -- and Dutch athlete Richard Agyekum. No one knows where on the field Agyekum will play, but given his athleticism he's very likely to find playing time somewhere.

https://www.fltimes.com/sports/nati...cle_7ca18d8b-8573-5bd4-a9f1-954294f52644.html

Go Gophers!!

Finger Lakes Times: The most diverse 2020 recruiting class so far? Look to Minnesota

The land of 10,000 Lakes, Minnesota has grown steadily more diverse as a population across recent decades. It's no longer Garrison Keillor's Lake Wobegon state, unless Lake Woebegone assimilated a sizable population of African immigrants and an influx from other states.

Now the University of Minnesota football team is doing its part. After a massive recruiting week that included 11 different commitments, the Golden Gophers now include incoming 2020 players from the following states and countries: Minnesota, Tennessee, New York, Wisconsin, Kansas, Michigan, Ohio, Texas, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Missouri, Germany and the Netherlands.

As noted by 247Sports' Steve Wiltfong, Minnesota's sudden volume surge has lifted the Gophers to the No. 22 recruiting class in the country. That's impressive, but the variety of places they are pulling future players from is perhaps the most remarkable aspect of coach P.J. Fleck's early efforts.

No, none of the new Minnesota recruits are 4-star prospects, but many have alluring potential. That includes German defensive end Melle Krueder -- a 6-foot-3, 235 pound athletic beast -- and Dutch athlete Richard Agyekum. No one knows where on the field Agyekum will play, but given his athleticism he's very likely to find playing time somewhere.

https://www.fltimes.com/sports/nati...cle_7ca18d8b-8573-5bd4-a9f1-954294f52644.html

Go Gophers!!

Building a program the right way takes time. PJ Fleck IMHO will be here for the long haul if his teams start to bear fruit and take off. I'd expect Gopher Athletics to push to lock PJ here long term. If you look at Ferentz and Fitz, their longevity and stability in one place breed their successes.

Top Bottom