Official 2020 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

Speaking of recruiting - how's this for recruiting - the Gopher Volleyball team announced its recruiting class for next year. It includes the #1 and #3-ranked players nationally. Two of the top three players in the freakin' country. Now that's recruiting.

They have rankings for volleyball players?

Dear Bob,

Every post you make sucks.

Sincerely,

GH
Nothing brings gopherhole together more than dislike of users of his ilk.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

My guess is this class is far from set. Fleck with leverage this successful season and flip a few 4 star guys. Also I would imagine a few grad-transfers will happen especially along the D-line where we lose everyone.

My guess is this class is far from set. Fleck with leverage this successful season and flip a few 4 star guys. Also I would imagine a few grad-transfers will happen especially along the D-line where we lose everyone.

While I think that would be great to get some blue chip recruits I don't know how we would fit them in numbers wise.

We don't lose everyone on the DL, and those who do leave have very capable backups who can and likely will ascend to starting roles next year.

While I think that would be great to get some blue chip recruits I don't know how we would fit them in numbers wise.

I have a feeling some on the bottom will decide to decommit...

Coughlin, Devers, DeLattiboudere, Renner graduate. Dew-Treadway has another year.

Only Coughlin is tough to replace. Otomewo and Mafe should be able to exceed Devers and DeLattiboudere's production. Teague should be able to avoid any drop off from Renner.

Will there be any last minute pleasant surprises in the 2020 Recruiting Class? I am hoping the Gophers winning ways of late will turn some recruits the Gophers' way.

That will be nice. IMHO - he hasn't bought in.

Actually, I expect the d-line to be better. While there are significant losses, the Gophers have something new---significant depth. In addition to returning Mafe, Otumweo, Schand, Dew-Treadway and Teague; the Gophers redshirted Rashad Cheney, Deangelo Carter, D'Vion Harris and M.L. Anderson. In earlier seasons, I think that at least 2 of them would have needed to play as true freshmen. Finally, one name which I haven't seen mentioned is Mayan Ahanatou. His dad was an excellent NFL player for a long time. I'm hoping that Mayan can contribute.

Actually, I expect the d-line to be better. While there are significant losses, the Gophers have something new---significant depth. In addition to returning Mafe, Otumweo, Schand, Dew-Treadway and Teague; the Gophers redshirted Rashad Cheney, Deangelo Carter, D'Vion Harris and M.L. Anderson. In earlier seasons, I think that at least 2 of them would have needed to play as true freshmen. Finally, one name which I haven't seen mentioned is Mayan Ahanatou. His dad was an excellent NFL player for a long time. I'm hoping that Mayan can contribute.

IMO the juniors and seniors like Noah Hickox and Malcolm Robinson will see more time than the red shirt freshmen. Maybe not though. Excited to see the youngsters play though.

Any news, rumors or word on Terry Lockett and Kaden Johnson?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Extremely blessed and would like to thank <a href="https://twitter.com/GopherFootball?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@GopherFootball</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/Shakes_GopherFB?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@Shakes_GopherFB</a> for the offer!!! ? Great opportunity to stay home and play! <a href="https://t.co/DILWlH9BYM">pic.twitter.com/DILWlH9BYM</a></p>&mdash; Desean Phillips (@phillips_desean) <a href="">November 21, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Only Coughlin is tough to replace. Otomewo and Mafe should be able to exceed Devers and DeLattiboudere's production. Teague should be able to avoid any drop off from Renner.
Then why are they not playing now?

PWO offer? I can’t even find him on 24/7

He is an interesting guy.

He is a MN guy, a full qualifier (could come this year and would have 4 years to play 3), and he had NDSU offer out of HS.

They are playing now. Why didn’t Coughlin start every game as a freshman?

His screen name is Latin for truth, so that’s how we know he’s right. Or maybe it’s a she, since Veritas was the daughter of Chronos. Not sure if the poster is taking the Latin or the Roman mythology route. Or maybe both are wrong and it’s short for in vino veritas.

Top Bottom