OTURU OFFICIALLY COMMITS TO GOPHERS!!!!!!!!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

This should help with other in state recruits along with what Pitino has recently done with Coffey and Hurt?

oturu.jpg

Go Gophers!!

per Marcus:

With as big of a turnaround as the Gophers basketball team has made so far this season, four-star Cretin-Derham Hall big man Daniel Oturu couldn't wait any longer to make it official that he wanted to stay home.

Oturu, a 6-foot-9, 220-pound junior, announced Thursday afternoon he will play for the Gophers. The commitment came in front of fellow students, friends and family at his high school gym.

A surprising 15-4 start for Minnesota coach Richard Pitino's team paid dividends with him landing his most high-profile local recruit since signing former Hopkins star Amir Coffey last year.

"It's a big deal," said Rene Pulley, founder of Howard Pulley, Oturu's AAU team. "He kind of knew he wanted to stay home. He wanted his family to see him play. He didn't want to leave."

Oturu is ranked No. 1 in the state's junior class by ESPN.com. He's ranked 76th nationally in 2018 by Rivals.com, 66th by Scout.com and 78th by 247Sports.com.

Oturu picked Minnesota after receiving scholarship offers from schools such as Kansas, Texas, Baylor, Nebraska, Georgia Tech and Memphis.

Pitino signed Coffey and Michael Hurt from Rochester John Marshall in Minnesota's 2016 class. The Gophers failed to land any local prospects in a loaded 2017 class, but Pitino could have up to five scholarships available for a 2018 group that is just as talented at the top.

Minnesota also offered Apple Valley's Tre Jones, Armstrong's Race Thompson and DeLaSalle's Gabe Kalscheur. Jones, Thompson and Oturu are the top three players in the state's junior class and consensus top 100 prospects in the country.

"I think getting Daniel helps the Gophers a lot," Pulley said. "The Gophers have gone after hometown kids, but they just weren't fortunate enough to get them all — some of the best ones. Maybe now that will change."

http://www.startribune.com/richard-...daniel-oturu-of-cretin-derham-hall/411244465/

Go Gophers!!

Boom

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Go Gophers!!

Hell yeah Richard!! Sure glad pitch fork nation wasn't able ti run Richard out of town last year.

c82a13e8d76423a84a1d76b52db44058.gif

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Solid get, congratulations. Fun to see a CDH kid with the gophs. Has there been a CDH hooper on scholarship at the U before?

oturu.jpg

Go Gophers!!

Fantastic get for the Gophers. Probably the most important recruit for the 2018 graduation class. I can t believe we got him over Kansas and coach Bill (I am full of my) Self. The Gophers are bringing in some solid recruits. He out played Wisconsin boy (Ruevers) in their game on the 10th in a CDH loss. I am super pump with this news. GO Gophers!!!!!

Fantastic get for the Gophers. Probably the most important recruit for the 2018 graduation class. I can t believe we got him over Kansas and coach Bill (I am full of my) Self. The Gophers are bringing in some solid recruits. He out played Wisconsin boy (Ruevers) in their game on the 10th in a CDH loss. I am super pump with this news. GO Gophers!!!!!

You're lucky Gopher Lady is on vacation right now or she wouldn't be very happy with you.

This is a great start to the 2018 class!

Nothing but good news here. Just wondering if he continues to work at his game - can he be a top 30 player by next year? Not that the rating services are on target all the time - but I just see a huge upside to his game over the next year....

Top Bottom