OTURU OFFICIALLY COMMITS TO GOPHERS!!!!!!!!

I don't think he's much like Curry other than pure stature at this point.

Projecting a bit but a guy I could see Oturu being like (and this is obviously going positive) would be like a Montrezl Harrell - the Louisville Big man from a few years ago. Super mobile, strong inside. Doesn't have much range but will be effective from the elbows to the short corners either catching and finishing or screening and running to the rim.

Steve Sir is about the only kid that was worthy of one.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quite frankly, you would be very disappointed if you looked at the number of Minnesota players That have been on scholarship in the last 15 years. Every good player from Minnesota that Wisconsin has wanted, they have gotten. It's been the reason for Revival of their basketball program

Quite frankly, you would be very disappointed if you looked at the number of Minnesota players That have been on scholarship in the last 15 years. Every good player from Minnesota that Wisconsin has wanted, they have gotten. It's been the reason for Revival of their basketball program

Ridiculous blanket statement. They didn't want Amir even though they offered him? Come on.. yes, they have gotten plenty of players, but plenty never wanted to play for them and they didn't land or focus on as they knew the wouldn't get them, including some top players (Jarvis included).

You're correct. These weren't as blanketed as I stated. However, the implications of each of these statements is indeed true. We would probably have a hard time listing 15 successful players from Minnesota the played for the Gophers last 15 years. And, Minnesota connections have indeed been vital to their program Revival

Ridiculous blanket statement. They didn't want Amir even though they offered him? Come on.. yes, they have gotten plenty of players, but plenty never wanted to play for them and they didn't land or focus on as they knew the wouldn't get them, including some top players (Jarvis included).

Going back to 2003, the recruits from Minnesota that Wisconsin offered and did not get are:

Amir Coffey
Jarvis Johnson
Rashad Vaughn
Royce White
Rodney Williams
Trent Lockett
Brandon Smith
Lawrence McKenzie

I think that's all of them.

I have never seen Oturu play? Can someone describe his game? 18 reb a game shows tremendous heart! Is he a bit like Curry?

Saw him play about a week ago. Oturu is a true post player. Best comparison on the current Gopher squad is Lynch. He's still developing his offensive game, but he can rebound and block shots. He's about 6-9 or 6-10, but his wingspan has to be well over 7 ft. Cretin has used him in some interesting ways. In the game I saw he often received the ball in the high post and looked to distribute to 3 pt shooters and cutting wings. They also played him at the top of a 1-2-2 halfcourt trap on defense. I saw a guy who looks like he has a good attitude and is a good teammate. Moves pretty well for a center. Just needs to work on some post moves to become a more complete player. He'll definitely be in the mix to start as a freshman.

I don't think he's much like Curry other than pure stature at this point.

Projecting a bit but a guy I could see Oturu being like (and this is obviously going positive) would be like a Montrezl Harrell - the Louisville Big man from a few years ago. Super mobile, strong inside. Doesn't have much range but will be effective from the elbows to the short corners either catching and finishing or screening and running to the rim.
Love the Harrell comparison!

Name the players from Minnesota that committed to Wisconsin when they had offers from both. "Every good player"? LOL!

Maybe they should have worked harder on Diamond Stone, the Ellensons, et al. and it's a long list.

Top Bottom