STrib: Gophers close to first sellout in two seasons Saturday vs. Wisconsin

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

The Gophers are close to their first sellout in two seasons with Saturday’s game against Wisconsin at Williams Arena.

There were 500 seats available (capacity is 14,625) for this weekend’s Border Battle as of Wednesday afternoon, according to a team spokesman. The Minnesota men’s basketball program’s last sellout at the Barn was the Wisconsin game in 2014-15.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...-two-seasons-saturday-vs-wisconsin/411125125/

Go Gophers!!

50% UMN fans and 50% UW fans. The East Minnesota invasion

Yep, this probably not a good thing. Red Menace fans gobbling up tickets. Better to host Badgers on a week night.

Ticket prices are insane. Sad what they do to MN fans that want single game tickets. I don't think there will be 50 percent WI fans.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It will be closer to 20-25% Badger fans, which is still too much. People always over estimate an opposing teams numbers.

I hope the student section still pulls out the F Bo Ryan chant. Sure it lacks some class, but nothing says classless like Bo Ryan.

People always over estimate an opposing teams numbers.

Probably because the opposing fans are cheering loudly as their teams walk out of Williams with a road victory while Gopher fans sit quietly in sorrow. *sigh*....

Hopefully the week off is allowing the team to get refocused.

Hope the band is loud and setting the scene early on.. the crowd get's into it and The Barn is like it was during the Clem Haskins/ Dutcher days.. This will be needed to upset The Badgers. A Saturday afternoon Big Ten game like it used to be. Oturu will have a very good seat by the way. Kind of surprised it's on BTN instead of ESPN.

I hope the student section still pulls out the F Bo Ryan chant. Sure it lacks some class, but nothing says classless like Bo Ryan.
He is not the coach anymore.

I'll be at the game Saturday and I may dope-slap a couple of those red-robbed a-holes just to let them know where they are!! :mad:

Oh...I thought I had imagined that a (at the time) 68 year-old coach abandoned his team (after a rousing victory over Texas A&M [Corpus Christi] to reach a 7-5 record) and then had to admit to spending over 5 years cheating on his wife 'cuz he was banging a 42 year-old massage therapist who had to shutter her business due to harassment after her allegations became public.

Thanks for clearing that up, and keep it classy wisconsin.

btw...has the lawsuit been settled yet?

The Badgers have played 5 games and are 4-1
the beat
Rutgers
Indiana
Michigan
OSU

they lost to Purdue.

Minnesota has played a lot tougher b10 schedule thus far.

I like our odds in this one!!

Thanks for the update. I had no idea. :rolleyes:

Go find a different message board if you can't handle some ribbing of your old arrogant jerk of a coach.

Thanks for the update. I had no idea. :rolleyes:

Go find a different message board if you can't handle some ribbing of your old arrogant jerk of a coach.
He would be in a long line of old, arrogant, jerk coaches. Probably standing next to Rick Pitino. He didn't run a brothel in the players dorm at UW, so he does have that going for him.

He would be in a long line of old, arrogant, jerk coaches. Probably standing next to Rick Pitino. He didn't run a brothel in the players dorm at UW, so he does have that going for him.

As far as I know, I don't know of a single D1 coach in the history of college basketball that ran a brother in the players dorm.

Go Gophers!!

So GV..I wondered over to Buckyville to check out topics in the football site. Saw several related to Gopher Football. Even one on old Ruppertflywheel. ( I haven't posted on that site in 4 years)
Paranoia is alive and well

So GV..I wondered over to Buckyville to check out topics in the football site. Saw several related to Gopher Football. Even one on old Ruppertflywheel. ( I haven't posted on that site in 4 years)
Paranoia is alive and well
Everybody misses you.

Everybody misses you.

GV ....Old Ruppertflywheel feels honored to be a topic heading. After all these years it still feels good to get in the wheelhouse of Becky fans. The wounds I created over there must still run deep.:cool:

GV ....Old Ruppertflywheel feels honored to be a topic heading. After all these years it still feels good to get in the wheelhouse of Becky fans. The wounds I created over there must still run deep.:cool:
I think we miss the entertainment value. Talking about winning all the time gets boring...........

Ruppy you really were fun to have around on Buckyville! Yes, you caught a lot of flack from the posters but hopefully you see it was for the most part all in good fun.

You really should go back to posting at BV. The Gophs have some momentum going in football and basketball, now is the time to re-activate the online border battles! Piper made an appearance recently, you and Beetles should join in the fun!

Good luck on Saturday. The gophs are much improved and no result will really surprise me tomorrow.

Ruppy you really were fun to have around on Buckyville! Yes, you caught a lot of flack from the posters but hopefully you see it was for the most part all in good fun.

You really should go back to posting at BV. The Gophs have some momentum going in football and basketball, now is the time to re-activate the online border battles! Piper made an appearance recently, you and Beetles should join in the fun!

Good luck on Saturday. The gophs are much improved and no result will really surprise me tomorrow.

Nope MBG...I had my run. Leave it for the younger guys to implement blood, sweat and tears.
I create enough turmoil on this site. Don't have the energy to defend myself on two sites.

Top Bottom