Gopher Sports: Courtside with Jasmine Brunson

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/011717aaa.html

What have been your first impressions of Big Ten basketball?
It’s competitive. No team is going to roll over. You can’t go into a game thinking that it’s gonna be easy, because every team in our conference is competitive and they’re ready to win.

Did you have a “welcome to college” moment earlier this season where it really hit you that this is big-time basketball?
I would say the first Big Ten game at Ohio State. The atmosphere there, the intensity of that game, that was a “welcome to college” moment.

You have started a handful of games, but usually come in off the bench. What’s your mentality going into games knowing you’re not starting but need to be ready at any time?
My mentality has been to be productive in the amount of time I’m given and not worry about the fact that I’m coming off the bench after starting, or anything like that. Just to be productive in my minutes.

Have you been learning from watching Kenisha Bell, the teammate you usually sub in to replace?
I’ve definitely learned a lot from Kenisha—her attack mentality and how hard she plays and everything like that. I definitely take that from her.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/011717aaa.html

What have been your first impressions of Big Ten basketball?
It’s competitive. No team is going to roll over. You can’t go into a game thinking that it’s gonna be easy, because every team in our conference is competitive and they’re ready to win.

Did you have a “welcome to college” moment earlier this season where it really hit you that this is big-time basketball?
I would say the first Big Ten game at Ohio State. The atmosphere there, the intensity of that game, that was a “welcome to college” moment.

You have started a handful of games, but usually come in off the bench. What’s your mentality going into games knowing you’re not starting but need to be ready at any time?
My mentality has been to be productive in the amount of time I’m given and not worry about the fact that I’m coming off the bench after starting, or anything like that. Just to be productive in my minutes.

Have you been learning from watching Kenisha Bell, the teammate you usually sub in to replace?
I’ve definitely learned a lot from Kenisha—her attack mentality and how hard she plays and everything like that. I definitely take that from her.

My dear, don't take anything from Bell .

Top Bottom