Rey Estes Commits to Gophers!

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I see he was recruited by our DB coach, is that the position he's expected to play? He's very small for a QB.

we sure are bringing a lot of QBs to replace Leidner island. maybe we'll have QBs in the secondary

I see he was recruited by our DB coach, is that the position he's expected to play? He's very small for a QB.

I wondered the same. Listed at 5-11, 164#.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's listed as a QB/ATH so I wouldn't be surprised if he is being considered as a DB. He was originally committed to Fleck/Western Michigan but flipped when he received the P5 Mizzou offer.

He's listed as a QB/ATH so I wouldn't be surprised if he is being considered as a DB. He was originally committed to Fleck/Western Michigan but flipped when he received the P5 Mizzou offer.

According to 247 he's expected to play DB.

According to 247 he's expected to play DB.

At that size that makes total sense. You see it all the time in high school where the best athlete ends up at QB even if they have zero shot of playing that position at the next level.

At that size that makes total sense. You see it all the time in high school where the best athlete ends up at QB even if they have zero shot of playing that position at the next level.

That would be incredible considering ESL is a football powerhouse with amazing athletes. Developing a pipeline there would do wonders.

Looks very quick and athletic, not a bad arm either.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/14791

Very good arm. The first pass in that video was 55-60 yards in the air on a dime. Ryan Burns tweeted that he's expected to get a shot at QB, but could very well end up as a DB.

Also, he's either taller than 5'11" or Fleck is shorter than his reported 5'9" based on the picture in this tweet. Rey towers over him.

https://twitter.com/ese_tipo5/status/821779480406589448

His shoes have an inch thick sole

I like this guy. Seems to be very flexible as to positions meaning that he is a good learner. Welcome!

Will be interesting to see where he ends up. I'd never write a guy off based solely on height.

East St Louis = tough kid.... Quick feet, looks to have a strong arm..... I like that his intermediate range passes are "on a rope" when need be. Looks like his team had some Elite receivers as well.

Throws passes well on the run

East St Louis = tough kid.... Quick feet, looks to have a strong arm..... I like that his intermediate range passes are "on a rope" when need be. Looks like his team had some Elite receivers as well.

I would give him a shot at QB if I were the coaches. This kid has an arm on him, and he can run. QB that can pick up junk yards and are hard to defend like Armstrong was against us this year is a good thing. I would put him in the QB group to start fall camp, but that is just my opinion.

I would give him a shot at QB if I were the coaches. This kid has an arm on him, and he can run. QB that can pick up junk yards and are hard to defend like Armstrong was against us this year is a good thing. I would put him in the QB group to start fall camp, but that is just my opinion.

Not when we are short a whole bunch of DBs...

If you score enough, you don't need dbs. See Indiana... /sarcasm

yeah that is true. I've become addicted to our good defense though and want to see it continue into the new regime....

yeah that is true. I've become addicted to our good defense though and want to see it continue into the new regime....

I'm resigned to the fact we'll never have it so good again. Hope I'm wrong...

I don't really care if offense or defense is better as long as it results in wins against our rivals.

Not sure how we beat our rivals with a worse offense/defense than we have had... so maybe you should care? :rolleyes:

I'm resigned to the fact we'll never have it so good again. Hope I'm wrong...

Are we talking about the same defense that gave up 32 points to a Rutgers team that was held to 39 yards in total offense in a 78-0 loss to Michigan two weeks prior?

If that's as good as it gets, I'm out. LOL

Not sure how we beat our rivals with a worse offense/defense than we have had... so maybe you should care? :rolleyes:

Probably didn't word that the best, but if the defense gets a little worse but the offense improves significantly and it results in wins then that sounds good to me.

Our current formula hasn't resulted in a rivalry win since 2014.

Probably didn't word that the best, but if the defense gets a little worse but the offense improves significantly and it results in wins then that sounds good to me.

Our current formula hasn't resulted in a rivalry win since 2014.

Yeah I figured that's what you meant.

Top Bottom