Pioneer Press: Gophers coach P.J. Fleck making believers out of local coaches

And he labored here under those oh so terrible conditions....

At some point it just can't be worth mentioning if all you've got are complaints about someplace, because yeah that's what you'd expect.
Agree. I used to think Jerry was a little above the fray...the more he talks the more I think he has no more integrity than anyone else.

Not saying he is a bad guy. Saying I used to think he might be a better person than most, not I think he is probably about the average for a college football coach.

Agree. I used to think Jerry was a little above the fray...the more he talks the more I think he has no more integrity than anyone else.

Not saying he is a bad guy. Saying I used to think he might be a better person than most, not I think he is probably about the average for a college football coach.

Jerry's always a victim. He has it worse than everyone else.

Maybe Kill overheard Fleck call it "BUTTgers" when talking to the student-athlete? :) Or told the player about what a sh!t-hole New Brunswick, NJ is (don't know personally, though based on the parts of NJ I've seen I'd have a tough time believing it's not).

I'm guessing Fleck's reference to culture was "recommended" by Coyle. When I heard it, I took it more as saying getting the players to believe they can be in the National Championship conversation, not cleaning up the program. Which to me didn't come across as a shot at the previous regime(s).

Coyle's comments definitely came off like a shot at the previous regime(s). That probably prejudiced Kill that when Fleck said "culture" it meant something different.

But the rumor has been out there that Fleck didn't jive with Kill/Kill's staff at NIU, perhaps there's been bad blood for a while and this just was the latest example. Add to that everything else (Fleck replacing Kill's chosen disciple, Coyle questioning the integrity of the program, etc.) and it probably won't be sunshine and roses between the two of them anytime soon...

That and PJ mentioned, "Tell them you're a Kill guy." My belief is this statement during the presser was more frustrating to Coach Kill than anything.

Top Bottom