New Gopher Football Staff Announced Today

Staff announced today...somewhat old news

Duplicate thread

I believe the WR guy (Matt Simon) is from Minnesota.
#OneOfUs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couple of interesting tidbits. The RB coach formerly coached at NDSU. And the director of player personnel (whatever the bleep that is) played College FB at D3 Luther College in Decorah, Iowa. (I've been to a couple of Luther games - my sister went to Luther and a buddy of mine went to arch-rival Wartburg.)

A bunch of guys who coached at Rutgers. That's some elite sh!t. [emoji41] [emoji57]

No Dan O'Brien. Does he jump to the AD staff?

Callahan will coach the TE's and OT's but Warriner will coach the rest of the Offensive Line? I've never heard of that before.

Do any other teams do it that way out of curiosity?

Couple of interesting tidbits. The RB coach formerly coached at NDSU. And the director of player personnel (whatever the bleep that is) played College FB at D3 Luther College in Decorah, Iowa. (I've been to a couple of Luther games - my sister went to Luther and a buddy of mine went to arch-rival Wartburg.)

Nothing says elite like Luther College.

I'm curious what people think about Robb Smith, given the last two years at Arkansas he has not produced stellar defenses. Does anyone have any insight? He's had some good years and some bad years, but hasn't been consistent.

No insight except

I'm curious what people think about Robb Smith, given the last two years at Arkansas he has not produced stellar defenses. Does anyone have any insight? He's had some good years and some bad years, but hasn't been consistent.

there is a prevailing thought he was not able to do the things he wanted to at Arkansas because Bert dictated or directed his decisions... dunno? Hopefully, that is the reason. PJ worked with him and believes in him.

Little worried about Robb Smith as he has just one little golden age and some less notable seasons.

Generally kinda concerned about how little history some of the staff has. PJ put a lot of emphasis on recruiting and presumably these guys can, but we had a dude who could recruit once, but came up short in the coaching stuff.

Hopefully none of that becomes a problem.

Callahan will coach the TE's and OT's but Warriner will coach the rest of the Offensive Line? I've never heard of that before.

Didn't Gordy Shaw and Mitch Browning do this in the Mason years?

I went to to school with Marcus (fellow athlete) at Luther and he was definition of a tool then...confidence level in this staff just took a major hit

I went to to school with Marcus (fellow athlete) at Luther and he was definition of a tool then...confidence level in this staff just took a major hit

And I knew Lane Kiffin in high school, and there has never been a bigger tool in the toolbox. Somehow he rose to greater heights than director of player personnel. Even if he is still a tool, I don't think that takes the entire staff down with him.

I'm happy to have two guys that have some healthy experience coaching the O-Line. I can't help but think it will be a great combination for the guys up front to have that kind of tutelage.

I'm a little nervous how he plans on using cashman.....
Blake had a great role in Sawvel's D when he was utilizing more of a 3-4, but
have no idea what this hunyuck will run.

Didn't Gordy Shaw and Mitch Browning do this in the Mason years?

It's actually fairly common, as the te's are an extension of the OL. When I played the TE's would do half the practice with the OL and half with the WR's

And I knew Lane Kiffin in high school, and there has never been a bigger tool in the toolbox. Somehow he rose to greater heights than director of player personnel. Even if he is still a tool, I don't think that takes the entire staff down with him.

I'm not sure using Kiffin and his ability to leverage his last name and fool people into believing he is anything other than a tool as an example helps make your point.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Done deal! Is two years typical for assistant coaches?

Top Bottom