Signing Day Social - FYI

I must have low standards.

I've attended every one held at TCF and think it's great.

As for the buffet line, I agree getting there late might be an issue but had a full plate every time.

Do I really come away with new insights...?...probably not. But it is fun to have The Rouser playing and being surrounded by maroon and gold...

This is my sentiments. I don't like pasta or meals designed for left over chicken, but will still go. Always had fun

They now limit trips to one. I've never seen them run out of food. I found brisket decent.

Good, because in the past you could really see the tables where the people really hogged the food to the point, me and my buddy only got a salad.

Good, because in the past you could really see the tables where the people really hogged the food to the point, me and my buddy only got a salad.

I was at wedding with that problem.....mmmm crusty potatoes stuck side of pan

I just heard this event is sold out now, does anyone know what other options i have for getting in?

Got my tix last week. I have lots of suggestions I'm going to share with PJF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my tix last week. I have lots of suggestions I'm going to share with PJF.

No were not putting a heater over your seat. No you won't have your own personal beer man at your command.

No were not putting a heater over your seat. No you won't have your own personal beer man at your command.

Well then, a couple tix just opened up.

Anyone a Goal Line Club member?

Do you find it useful? What do you like about it?

I have been a member since 1984 and have enjoyed it a lot. You DO get certain member privileges like lower costs a certain events, but most of all it is a $100 donation (write-off) to the U of M Football program. It's a way to help the program out. If we get up to 1,000 members, that's a $100,000 donation each year. That is our goal. Plus there are a lot of fun activities, including this particular singing-day event, the Golf Tournament, the Fishing Tournament that we hosted last year, members-only tours of the stadium (and hopefully of the new Athletic Village Complex, once completed) a meet and greet with the new Coaching Staff (as a possibility but nothing scheduled as of yet). These are just some of the Club's activities.

I have been a member since 1984 and have enjoyed it a lot...Plus there are a lot of fun activities, ... this particular singing-day event, ...

Barbershop quartets?

Have tickets been mailed? I ordered one 12 days ago and have not received. I tried emailing goal line club but it bounced back. :(

Do people really go to a function to support the team and worry about whether they get their money's worth for a 35$ donation. Glad to see Minnesota sensibilities haven't changed!

Yep, it's just Minnesotans who want what they paid for.

Have tickets been mailed? I ordered one 12 days ago and have not received. I tried emailing goal line club but it bounced back. :(

Not certain, but I think your name is on a list from your registration so just bring an ID. Someone can correct me if wrong.

Spoofin is correct.

Just print the email you got back and bring it. That should be fine. Typically don't even have to show it...I just give my name and I get my meal ticket.

Both me and Mrs. Billd will be there...her first time.

Looking forward to seeing Coach Fleck in the flesh.

Tried to get tickets yesterday, sold out. I called and inquired if there is a waiting list, was told no and they are limiting it to 800 tickets. The DQ Club room can hold way more than that in my opinion, why not sell 1,000 tickets especially with a brand new coach and more interest? Not very ELITE.

Tried to get tickets yesterday, sold out. I called and inquired if there is a waiting list, was told no and they are limiting it to 800 tickets. The DQ Club room can hold way more than that in my opinion, why not sell 1,000 tickets especially with a brand new coach and more interest? Not very ELITE.

There are probably a few hundred people who get in no matter what. Administrators, athletic department employees, the recruits, their families, coaches and their families, etc. that fill up those extra spots.

From what I understand, 800 is the maximum they can do, due to fire code limitations

Numbers are always hard to predict. In Brewster's 2nd year they had it at the Bierman center. Perhaps they will do one at the new center that is currently being built along with tours etc. like before.

Numbers are always hard to predict. In Brewster's 2nd year they had it at the Bierman center. Perhaps they will do one at the new center that is currently being built along with tours etc. like before.

Agree! You'll be able to accommodate a lot more fans.

Does anyone remember what time the event usually wraps up?

Working from memory...

Doors open at 5 PM. I heard from the GLC Prez they would open at 4:30 this year because of the "crowd."

Food service starts around 5:30.

In the meantime KFAN is onstage with a broadcast starting at 5. It's Barreiro with Justin and a number of guests.

Both Brew, Jerry, and Tracy start with going through the class around 6...and sometimes there's a panel of coaches after that to take questions.

Now that I think about it probably around 7...maybe the latest 7:30.

Don't know if that makes it better or not. Sorry for the 6:30. Had to jog the memory.

They could have held it at the practice facility.

Not everyone there will have bought a ticket...

Nice forethought...on your part.

Top Bottom