Signing Day Social - FYI

Vandy

Reaction score
The University of Minnesota will host its 2017 Signing Day Social – the first under head coach P.J. Fleck – on Feb. 1 in the DQ Club Room at TCF Bank Stadium. Fans are encouraged to visit GoalLineClub.org to register and for more information.

The event will include comments and highlights on the 2017 recruiting class from Fleck, and it will also include the introduction of Fleck’s new staff. In addition, the program will feature KFAN’s Dan Barreiro broadcasting live, while KFAN’s Justin Gaard and the Voice of the Gophers Mike Grimm will serve as event emcees.

The cost for the event is $25 for Goal Line Club members and $35 for non-members, and fans can register online at GoalLineClub.org. Attendees will also enjoy a delicious buffet featuring house salad, Italian pasta bake, chicken a la king, sautéed vegetables and dessert from 5 – 6:30 p.m. A cash bar will also be available.

The University of Minnesota marching band brass quintet, spirit squad and Goldy will also perform at the event.

Doors open at 5 p.m. for registration and the event will start at 6:30 p.m. Attendees should enter TCF Bank Stadium through the Benton County doors. Parking is available in lots adjacent to TCF Bank Stadium.

This event is open to all Golden Gopher Football fans and registration closes at 1 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 27.

Registration is open for the 2017 Signing Day Social... Visit GoalLineClub.org to register.
$25 for members, $35 for non members.
Comments from Fleck, the recruiting class and others.
Buffet from 5-6:30 and cash bar.
DQ Club Room at TCF Bank Stadium

Anyone a Goal Line Club member?

Do you find it useful? What do you like about it?

Sadly, I'll be on a flight to WV during signing day. I'll have to watch from afar.

For $35, that had better be a damn good buffet. (although the Italian pasta bake sounds interesting)

They consider most of the money as a donation to the goal line club

For $35, that had better be a damn good buffet. (although the Italian pasta bake sounds interesting)

The food is never good and they always run out when it is buffet style because they never plan for people at the door.
That and some people are complete chow hounds and inconsiderate of others. If you plan on going, arrive early or you will be lucky if you get a salad. That has been my experience at this event, that you don't really get much food if you arrive at 05:30.

Do people really go to a function to support the team and worry about whether they get their money's worth for a 35$ donation. Glad to see Minnesota sensibilities haven't changed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I apologize for using sarcasm on this board.

From now on, I will try to keep all posts as boring as possible.

I must have low standards.

I've attended every one held at TCF and think it's great.

As for the buffet line, I agree getting there late might be an issue but had a full plate every time.

Do I really come away with new insights...?...probably not. But it is fun to have The Rouser playing and being surrounded by maroon and gold...

I must have low standards.

I've attended every one held at TCF and think it's great.

As for the buffet line, I agree getting there late might be an issue but had a full plate every time.

Do I really come away with new insights...?...probably not. But it is fun to have The Rouser playing and being surrounded by maroon and gold...

I've never been to one but it is described as a social... typically that isn't a wow you with food, just a get together fun time kinda thing.

I've attended many of these - pictures with Floyd and the Jug are a fun feature - but the standout was Brewster's first one. The enthusiasm was great and the Kool-Aid was spiked! Bet Fleck tops that one though. Per SON's comments, I don't really remember the food, but they usually include film and bios on the signees, and a chance to get out of the house. And, I suspect this year, there will be boatload of Fleckisms. I don't really embrace the "row the boat" theme as we've got a great, if not amorphous, Ski-U-Mah! But if Fleck's motto takes hold, I'd hope Slab's "Ramming Speed" finds a home as well!

I've attended many of these - pictures with Floyd and the Jug are a fun feature - but the standout was Brewster's first one. The enthusiasm was great and the Kool-Aid was spiked! Bet Fleck tops that one though. Per SON's comments, I don't really remember the food, but they usually include film and bios on the signees, and a chance to get out of the house. And, I suspect this year, there will be boatload of Fleckisms. I don't really embrace the "row the boat" theme as we've got a great, if not amorphous, Ski-U-Mah! But if Fleck's motto takes hold, I'd hope Slab's "Ramming Speed" finds a home as well!

Oh man they bring the trophies?

Worth it.... if we had some.

Of course we have to have Floyd and The Jug for that picture perk...

Hopefully next year's event has the Pig, Jug, and AXE for all to see after a rewarding 2017 season.

Otherwise, sometimes current players are there as well as a few recruits. Another opportunity to rub shoulders.

GLC

Anyone a Goal Line Club member?

Do you find it useful? What do you like about it?

I have been a member for about 15 years. GLC has raised a lot of money over the years that gets donated directly to the football program. That in itself should be enough for you to want to join. I always enjoy the signing day get to gether Usually attend one or two of the luncheons. That for me is worth it.

I have been a member for about 15 years. GLC has raised a lot of money over the years that gets donated directly to the football program. That in itself should be enough for you to want to join. I always enjoy the signing day get to gether Usually attend one or two of the luncheons. That for me is worth it.

I'd probabbly do it if I didn't have little kids, hard to plan stuff outside of actual games with everything else ;)

With a new coach, why make it a buy-in? Why not get a bigger venue, have free admission and have a cash bar and a donation jar? Hype and introducing Fleck to a broader audience is worth more than the $1500 they are making.

FWIW, cheap runs both ways. Some times the Gophers need to spend money on fans to drum up interest.

The food is never good and they always run out when it is buffet style because they never plan for people at the door.
That and some people are complete chow hounds and inconsiderate of others. If you plan on going, arrive early or you will be lucky if you get a salad. That has been my experience at this event, that you don't really get much food if you arrive at 05:30.

They now limit trips to one. I've never seen them run out of food. I found brisket decent.

Top Bottom