Recruiting

Rog

Reaction score
Recruiting has picked up since Fleck arrived, great, but when will we see 4 star recruits? Next year maybe?

It will depend on the on field results next Fall. I'M OPTIMISTIC!

Short window before signing date. Tough to get a 4 star in for a visit this late. He is still in on some high 3 star kids , so the class should continue to move up.

I'm just glad we're getting 3 star recruits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm just glad we're getting 3 star recruits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Every single commit this year is s 3* acc to 247- regardless of the regime responsible for their recruitment. Now how many dots they have??[emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every single commit this year is s 3* acc to 247- regardless of the regime responsible for their recruitment. Now how many dots they have??[emoji57]

I'm sure you're aware but for those who aren't: not all 3-star's are the same. Take a look at the offer lists to get a better idea.

That being said, you can definitely find some diamonds the rough and we previously have been very good at that.

I am sure Fleck will get in on some decent recruits but to think he is going to start beating out top schools and top coaches for recruits because he can row a boat is absurd. Those other coaches are difference makers just like Fleck, those other schools have practice facilities like we do and those other schools are not in the frozen wasteland that is MN.

I am all for enthusiasm but try and remember, to win at MN it will take a coaching staff that can recruit and develop talent...plus a little luck.

Recruiting has picked up since Fleck arrived, great, but when will we see 4 star recruits? Next year maybe?

We should make a thread where we can talk about recruiting. Or maybe in the thread about recruiting, not talk about recruiting so the posts can be deleted...

2 facets. will any in state kids get 4 star markings? doesn't look like it at first glance but that would about make it a lock. I'd guess he'll pull one or two. Facilities and an excited coach who can motivate and recruit, I see no reason why he can't pull one or two who want to buy in and row the boat

I'm sure you're aware but for those who aren't: not all 3-star's are the same. Take a look at the offer lists to get a better idea.

That being said, you can definitely find some diamonds the rough and we previously have been very good at that.

Yeah the varying talent at 3* is crazy. There are 3*s with one low level P5 offer.... and 3* and Bama, Ohio St. USC, Michigan are all over them.

They will get a 4-star this year, maybe the big OT Munford.

Boy I sure hope they can land that big boy. He and Kendrick Green are the two that I am hoping that we can land on the 1st. They would/could go a long way to building talent and depth in two key areas.

Handy-Holly is a 4 star on Scout and a commitment from him looks likely. Jalen Holsten is scheduled to take an OV here and he's a 4 star on espn. Blaise is also a 4 star on scout. We probably won't get any composite 4 stars but we should end the class with 2-3 guys rated 4 stars by at least one service.

Boy I sure hope they can land that big boy. He and Kendrick Green are the two that I am hoping that we can land on the 1st. They would/could go a long way to building talent and depth in two key areas.

Not likely. Green committed to Illinois and Munford was just offered by Ohio State.

Who cares about 4* recruits? The real question is when will we get our first 5*?

Who cares about 4* recruits? The real question is when will we get our first 5*?

It better be a high 5-star and not a borderline 4/5 star.

One of the justifications for firing Claeys was poor recruiting. so, by extension, if Fleck is going to be a "better" recruiter than Claeys, one measure of that (certainly not the only measure) is the recruiting ratings - both the team rating and individual ratings.

Accordingly, you would hope that Fleck is able to bring in a few 4* recruits - or even some higher-level 3 star recruits. then, the real test is to see what Fleck's staff does with those players. Claeys and staff had a good deal of success with relatively lower-rated recruits who turned into solid players. We'll see how Fleck does with developing his recruits.

One of the justifications for firing Claeys was poor recruiting. so, by extension, if Fleck is going to be a "better" recruiter than Claeys, one measure of that (certainly not the only measure) is the recruiting ratings - both the team rating and individual ratings.

Accordingly, you would hope that Fleck is able to bring in a few 4* recruits - or even some higher-level 3 star recruits. then, the real test is to see what Fleck's staff does with those players. Claeys and staff had a good deal of success with relatively lower-rated recruits who turned into solid players. We'll see how Fleck does with developing his recruits.

Yeah I'm not gonna worry about total stars or average for a year or two with PJ.

And yeah phase II... coaching... we've seen first hand if that doesn't happen stars don't matter.

One way to get instant four stars is to bribe the recruiting site evaluators with unused steak gift certificates to Murray's from Sid.

If they only change three of the high three stars into four stars. Voila! Problem solved. Fleck will have his first recruiting class ranking magically in the 30s.

I'm glad that we have this thread to discuss recruiting. They really should start a comprehensive thread on this board to discuss recruiting.

NSD is only fifteen days away (Feb 1)!

Hopefully, we don't lose our two CB commits Raheem Layne and Trey Creamer. It seems the vultures are after them (Wake Forest and Iowa?).

What are the chances of PJ Fleck landing his first legitimate 4 Star player in the next two weeks?

I'm glad that we have this thread to discuss recruiting. They really should start a comprehensive thread on this board to discuss recruiting.
Considering the other recruiting threads do not actually discuss recruiting, I think it's a great idea to have another

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Considering the other recruiting threads do not actually discuss recruiting, I think it's a great idea to have another

How about putting together a Recruiting Update Bulletin in the GH Front Page?

You will always have restless natives and aliens in Gopherhole who want to release whatever ails them.

How about putting together a Recruiting Update Bulletin in the GH Front Page?

You will always have restless natives and aliens in Gopherhole who want to release whatever ails them.

We should go the extra mile and add a committee to discuss the validity of recruiting discussions within recruiting threads, and provide updates as necessary.

NSD is only fifteen days away (Feb 1)!

Hopefully, we don't lose our two CB commits Raheem Layne and Trey Creamer. It seems the vultures are after them (Wake Forest and Iowa?).

What are the chances of PJ Fleck landing his first legitimate 4 Star player in the next two weeks?
Consensus 4 star? Probably less than 10%. However....I believe we have a few visits lined up for players rated 4 stars on at least one recruiting site. I bet we land at least one of them.

Yeah, they don't, except for the thousands of posts that do.

Top Bottom