Student Section

Sparlimb

Reaction score
This year, as a gift, my wife framed the poster we got at the Air Force game (view from the 50 yard line up top of the 2nd deck). In fact, I just found the picture with a quick google which is attached below. Anyway, it looks like 18 sections of students in the picture. Does anyone think we'll ever see that again? I'm sure we all hope to, but the attendance by students is really a bellwether of the team. Thoughts?

UMN1__08929.1446848224.1280.1280.jpg

I have this very picture framed in my office! Hopefully we see the student section that full again. Fleck is the guy to get it done.

I also have this pic framed hanging in my house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not enough advertising on the big board...

The student section was pretty close to full a few times in 2015. Students turned out better this year than the rest of the stadium.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I understand the argument for the cost of student tickets but my understanding is other schools make them very cheap or free in order to improve the atmosphere and sell more general seats. I don't think we have to start making student seats free but I do think the games where we gave away blocks of seats had better atmosphere's. it seems we could find something in the middle to keep that closer to full.

The student section was pretty close to full a few times in 2015. Students turned out better this year than the rest of the stadium.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The Nebraska and Wisconsin game will fill them up too. Though back when the picture was taken many students bought tickets thinking they could just scalp their tickets to anybody they wanted too.

Who says the kids of today aren't capitalists! :)

I think so. My guess is Fleck will do something like what Kill did...promo visits to large student events and ticket giveaways and a large dose of Row the Boat. Winning always helps. This season's home game slate is better than 2016 as well.

I understand the argument for the cost of student tickets but my understanding is other schools make them very cheap or free in order to improve the atmosphere and sell more general seats. I don't think we have to start making student seats free but I do think the games where we gave away blocks of seats had better atmosphere's. it seems we could find something in the middle to keep that closer to full.

The student tickets are cheap and they have some pretty attractive multi-sport bundles as well.

The student tickets are cheap and they have some pretty attractive multi-sport bundles as well.

Thanks. I wasn't sure how inexpensive they were. I just know that here students at IU and Purdue can get free football tickets most if not all of the time. That said they drop chunks of change for basketball.

Yep. It's like $100 for 1 sport or $95/$90 for multiples, including a shirt for each sport. Quite reasonable. Even so, people threw a big fit over having to pay for FB tickets to get first shot at hockey in the bundles, and of course Kaler caved in.

Yep. It's like $100 for 1 sport or $95/$90 for multiples, including a shirt for each sport. Quite reasonable. Even so, people threw a big fit over having to pay for FB tickets to get first shot at hockey in the bundles, and of course Kaler caved in.

Let's hope that after this year that won't be an issue...RTB!

The TCU and Michigan game in 2015 had the student section all the way full. I remember because I showed up late to both games. The Wisconsin game was also nearly full to the top. Students will come back in force with a guy like Fleck because he will do things like visit student events/groups and the better schedule next year.

I too have that pic framed in my house....

Win and yeah that section will fill up.

Top Bottom