Harrison Van Dyne

I can't say why (just a hunch), but I see Van Dyne could really fit into the Eric Decker, Wes Welker, Jordy Nelson, Steve Largent, Ricky Proell type of role on the team.

I can't say why (just a hunch), but I see Van Dyne could really fit into the Eric Decker, Wes Welker, Jordy Nelson, Steve Largent, Ricky Proell type of role on the team.
White WR role?

I see him as a Wayne Chrebet actually

Agreed, but I also see a lot of Tim Dwight, Brandon Stokley, Joe Jurevicius, and Ed McCaffrey in him.

Nah, those I'd say more like Steve Largent.

I think he'll be more like Sam Jacobson. But wearing shoulder pads.

I'd lean towards WR play. How many times over the last several years have you seen WRs running open that were missed? I can't think of many, our WRs are almost never open.

I can think of 2-3 balls every game sailed way high. I can also think of a deep ball overthrown or under thrown almost every game, sometimes twice in a game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We now have 11 WR on or committed to scholarship and on average 2 will be on the field per play.

We have 7 CB and S on scholarship or committed and on average 4-5 will be on the field per play.

There's a problem here.

We now have 11 WR on or committed to scholarship and on average 2 will be on the field per play.

We have 7 CB and S on scholarship or committed and on average 4-5 will be on the field per play.

There's a problem here.

Elite people recognize and solve problems before siting down for breakfast.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

There's a problem here.

Position change is possible

There's a problem here.

The amount of WRs isn't really a problem. The amount of DBs is, but Fleck is still trying to add DBs. Still plenty of scholarships open.

There's a problem here.

Gophers going with the rare 2-7-2 defensive formation.

There's a problem here.

There's 9 recievers on scholarship including Harrison. There is more than 2 recievers on average in the new offense. There's also 8 scholarship DB's that I count with Durr's injury and the position change. Adding 1 or 2 DB's would be acceptable for next season.

WR: Carter, Gentry, Still, Holland, Johnson, Howard, Drew, Bell, Van Dyne

DB:Craighton, Register, Thomas, Craemer, Layne, McGhee, Ayinde, Huff

Register's switch hasn't been confirmed by PJ or new DB coach to my knowledge and you think a 6'5" Safety is likely to be successful? Even if you say HR is being moved there's 10 WR on scholarship- you forgot DD. Thus even if you say WMU offense averages 2.5WR per set that's 4 per position.

Considering most defenses are in nickel or dime a high percentage of the time the average # of DBs on the field is likely 4.5-5. So we have 7 signed on so far or ~1.5 per position. Included in those 7 is a likely to fail transition, 2 commits being heavily recruited by our neighbors to the south, a S that has been slammed for his ineffective play, a S that has been tossed 3 games, and the other S who has played minimally. So in total minimal experience and critically low depth.

Furthermore- at least we know Carter, Still, Johnson can catch. We know virtually nothing about the likelihood of any of the DBs being successful. You think it's acceptable to get another DB or two. It's insane if we don't get at least 2-4.

There's 9 recievers on scholarship including Harrison. There is more than 2 recievers on average in the new offense. There's also 8 scholarship DB's that I count with Durr's injury and the position change. Adding 1 or 2 DB's would be acceptable for next season.

WR: Carter, Gentry, Still, Holland, Johnson, Howard, Drew, Bell, Van Dyne

DB:Craighton, Register, Thomas, Craemer, Layne, McGhee, Ayinde, Huff

+ Hmielewski at WR...

Top Bottom