Harrison Van Dyne

hungan1

Reaction score
Does anybody know how his visit this weekend was?

He is still here. The visit was probably good or great. He may commit or he may not.

I think Iowa is making a serious push for him. I read that his older brother will be walking on there.

We don't need more WR- we need more DBs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or we have two WR's and two DB's committed...it was the offensive coaches on the in home visit to Douglas.

We have 8 WR on scholarship of whom 2 are highly thought of redshirt freshmen, and now 2 commits. That's allocating 10/85 scholarships for WRs. Meantime, if the 10 suspended players all are gone we have 2, yes 2, CBs and 3 S with only 2 CB commits and NO S recruits. Oh- and one of the S can't tackle my 45 year old sister. Furthermore, both our DB recruits are now getting offers and a lot of attention by other schools. Sure- we need more WRs.

We have 8 WR on scholarship of whom 2 are highly thought of redshirt freshmen, and now 2 commits. That's allocating 10/85 scholarships for WRs. Meantime, if the 10 suspended players all are gone we have 2, yes 2, CBs and 3 S with only 2 CB commits and NO S recruits. Oh- and one of the S can't tackle my 45 year old sister. Furthermore, both our DB recruits are now getting offers and a lot of attention by other schools. Sure- we need more WRs.

I'll agree that they still need more DBs. However, I wonder who will all be back at WR next year. Gentry and Holland can't get on the field. I also wonder if Tyler Johnson is better suited to play safety.

I raised the same questions in another thread and got shouted down. I trust PJ has a plan for DB's but it's not evident to me so far. PJ cleaned out all the former Gopher staff holdovers. It sure wouldn't seem likely if he sweeps all of the staff, obviously making a statement it's a new day and I, PJ am in charge. Obviously once again, he is out demonstrate a change in culture, he gave no credit to those coaches in his press conference. So to change the culture does it make sense, would it be consistent with his actions so far, that he is going to welcome the 10 back even if they are eligible?

I'll agree that they still need more DBs. However, I wonder who will all be back at WR next year. Gentry and Holland can't get on the field. I also wonder if Tyler Johnson is better suited to play safety.

Why would Tyler Johnson's skill be better utilized at safety? (I get we need DB's) Tyler can catch. He attacks and fights for the ball as a receiver. (Not many of our wide receivers did) He's played WR one season and was pretty good. He can be an excellent wide receiver. He didn't get a lot balls thrown his way which I don't believe was on him...Leidner liked to throw to Wolitarsky.

Why would Tyler Johnson's skill be better utilized at safety? (I get we need DB's) Tyler can catch. He attacks and fights for the ball as a receiver. (Not many of our wide receivers did) He's played WR one season and was pretty good. He can be an excellent wide receiver. He didn't get a lot balls thrown his way which I don't believe was on him...Leidner liked to throw to Wolitarsky.

He got off to a good start but only had 6 catches during the B1G season. Didn't have a catch the last 3 games. I'm not completely writing him off because he's only a Freshman, but a number of people thought his best position would be at safety when he signed with the Gophers. He like most of the receivers just couldn't get open.

I don't think we really know what we have at WR. We haven't had a competent passing game in a while. I don't know if it's due to coaching, qb play, or wr play...but I'd lean toward coaching and qb play before wr play.

Phillip Nelson's completion percentage jumped 18 points at ECU, I don't accredit that to ECU having such superior wrs.

I don't think we really know what we have at WR. We haven't had a competent passing game in a while. I don't know if it's due to coaching, qb play, or wr play...but I'd lean toward coaching and qb play before wr play.

I'd lean towards WR play. How many times over the last several years have you seen WRs running open that were missed? I can't think of many, our WRs are almost never open.

I'd lean towards WR play. How many times over the last several years have you seen WRs running open that were missed? I can't think of many, our WRs are almost never open.

And they rarely ever won 50/50 balls.

Plenty of times. Half the time the pass isn't even delivered to the most open option.

Plenty of times. Half the time the pass isn't even delivered to the most open option.

That can be because of being coached to use incorrect progressions for a given coverage or with various matchups between WR and DB. Not always the QB fault

We will add DBs to the team from the suspension list now that they got TC out of town. Can't do it the day after he was fired.

Sounds like Van Dyne committed this morning.

What's her 40 time?

So when Van Dyne makes a play will we characterize that as the opponent got "Van Dyne'd?"

Top Bottom