coaching staff

munkman

Reaction score
Who will be our coaches? I have not seen any formal announcement yet. I see some have changed twitter pics to MN some have not?

OC/QB-Kirk Ciarrocca
OL-Ed Warinner
RB-Kenni Burns
TE-Brian Callahan
WR-Matt Simon
ST-Rob Wenger

DC-Robb Smith
DL-Bryce Paup???
LB-Mike Sherels
DB-Maurice Linguist

Strength-????
Dan O'Brien???

GM/Staff-Gerrit Chernoff

I think we need to consider that Big 12 ref from the championship game as a strength and conditioning coach.

Also I believe that Kenni Burns will be the new Running Back coach (also from Western Michigan).

Sherels will not return as a position coach. I will guess that he joins the recruiting staff. O'Brien might go back to his "GM" position.

I think we need to consider that Big 12 ref from the championship game as a strength and conditioning coach.

Yes!! Talk about a gun show...impressive. Guessing no players mouthed off to him.

This guy saying its official:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Sherels will not return as a position coach. I will guess that he joins the recruiting staff. O'Brien might go back to his "GM" position.

Sherels will probably be a QC or recruiting staffer until the NCAA OKs a 10th position coach. Then he will probably move back to LB coach.

The idea on twitter was that every day is arms day for him, so I would prefer someone focused on overall strength and conditioning.

Although it would be fun to see 11 guys walk up to the line of scrimmage looking like the Steiner Brothers

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Here you go! #RTB

Mike DeFee - a friend of mine is a banker in Texas and met him in a business meeting in Beaumont last spring. I understand that Mike told interesting, colorful and off color stories for 90 minutes straight about refereeing. Not sure that they got much business accomplished, but my buddy said that it was a great meeting.

Anybody heard, is PJ having problems filling all the positions? I'm sure if you asked him, he would say everything is copacetic. But perhaps that isn't necessarily true.

Anybody heard, is PJ having problems filling all the positions? I'm sure if you asked him, he would say everything is copacetic. But perhaps that isn't necessarily true.

Probably has so many elite applicants, he is having a hard time deciding which is the most elite. :)

Elite-image.jpg

Any update on the rest of the staff being assembled and their roles? Just saw Joe Rossi is joining? All the S&C staff assembled? Rest of recruiting/ops team under Gerrit? Dan OB's new role in admin? Assume Billy G is gone or will he have a role?

Top Bottom