Larry Fitzgerald: Tracy Claeys: Gopher scapegoat

Interesting take...don't think he'd make the effort if that was the case. Rhoda was already gone.

Quite the opposite, if you're running out of QBs... you make the effort for whomever it is you can get at the last hour.

Quite the opposite, if you're running out of QBs... you make the effort for whomever it is you can get at the last hour.

On the roster, Croft and Juco who's name I forget, assuming he hasn't been called a band-aid and dismissed. And no one else pending EOAA hearings.

Fleck is asking Rhoda back to make sure we'll be able to field a team. He used the promise of a CHANCE to be the guy to get him to stay.

If We had another redshirt freshman and a redshirt Sophomore on the roster for next year, does he make this move? Don't know, although keeping a Sr to mentor the kids makes sense, insurance policy, etc but would Rhoda have come back to play "Crash" Davis va getting a chance to play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless you were there in the room, you cannot call anyone a liar. Not even Tracy Claeys will argue with being dismissed, he understand the way things can go in coaching. Instead of being professionals and saying the University wanted a different direction with football, Kaler and Coyle went on about culture and discipline and eluded to Claeys being responsible for the acts of a few students. They encouraged public sentiment that the fired coach somehow supports a culture of abuse. As far as the hire, it was easy and not really courageous. PJF is a hot prospect coach according to the experts and we paid the piper to get him. What remains to be seen now that the epic hire has been made, will the ineptitude continue in regards to the football program? What is Flecks contract? 6 years? Kaler will likely be gone before that and Coyle will possibly be here, depends on winning.

As the head coach Claeys IS somewhat responsible for his players actions off the field. The coach creates the culture of the program and it was HIS players who felt it was ok to have group sex with a recruit. It was HIS players who felt it was ok to then harass the alleged victim. It was HIS players who started an ill informed boycott. We just went through a highly publicised embarrassing sex scandal involving the word "rape" and you're surprised and bothered that Coyle mentioned changing the culture of the program?

On the roster, Croft and Juco who's name I forget, assuming he hasn't been called a band-aid and dismissed. And no one else pending EOAA hearings.

Fleck is asking Rhoda back to make sure we'll be able to field a team. He used the promise of a CHANCE to be the guy to get him to stay.

If We had another redshirt freshman and a redshirt Sophomore on the roster for next year, does he make this move? Don't know, although keeping a Sr to mentor the kids makes sense, insurance policy, etc but would Rhoda have come back to play "Crash" Davis va getting a chance to play?

There are two QBs in this recruiting class so far...Croft and Rhoda make four. If Williams had switched to WR, they really only carried four last year.

Yet you don't know any more details than DMB123. Your opinion doesn't hold any more truth.

You and a few other posters continue to believe since their actions were deemed legal, they didn't do anything wrong. The majority of the rest of the fans and the media across the country believe it's immoral and disgusting to run a train on a drunk girl regardless if she consented or not.

Was it immoral or disgusting for the young lady to take on the first couple guys??

Why have you avoided that fact?

Was it immoral or disgusting for the young lady to take on the first couple guys??

Why have you avoided that fact?

I've never said the woman isn't at fault as well. The majority of people would think it's not right to have sex with the same girl a few minutes after one or several of your friends/teammates just got done with her. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.

I've never said the woman isn't at fault as well. The majority of people would think it's not right to have sex with the same girl a few minutes after one or several of your friends/teammates just got done with her. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.

This. And BarnBurner is is a box.

You have not mentioned any responsibility for her whatsoever. She decided to take on 2 on her own. So her choices are equally as bad.

Larry Fitzgerald Sr is close friends with McKinley Boston and felt he got a raw deal in the Luther Darville affair! I suspect in some ways he sees this as a repeat.

Claeys is white and Boston is black. Sorry, but this guy has played the race card for years. Basically, it's him taking the opportunity to stir the pot. He could care less about Claeys.

Claeys is just as much to blame for this whole fiasco blowing up as the other two people in leadership. At least Kaler and Coyle made a tough, lose-lose decision and stuck by it with conviction. The University would have been absolutely crucified publicly and legally if they had gone against the recommendation of the EOAA. People act like Claeys stuck his neck out for his players, but he was basically silent on the suspensions outside of one tweet! Your head football coach is the face and voice of your program, whether he was leaning one way or the other, he should have been out in front of it and made himself available for questions to the media. I may be mistaken, but I don't think he every issued an official statement. He lost control of his team and his threw his boss into the fire over a difficult decision that they were put into.

Maybe he is a scapegoat, but Claeys is not the martyr some of you are making him out to be. He showed zero leadership in a very dark time for the program.

Well said. I'm right with you on all of it.

Wow! Sanity!

Cue the insults, name-calling, and accusations that are sure to follow...

Back in my day, we were too homophobic for MMF. Progress.

If Fleck wins, no one will care. They saw a chance to get the hot coaching prospect and took it. I'm shocked they actually are paying big money.

If Fleck wins, no one will care. They saw a chance to get the hot coaching prospect and took it. I'm shocked they actually are paying big money.

You mean just over average amount of money?

Yep we do. Themselves.

Wrong - during the boycott, Kaler and Coyle apparently offered to lift the suspensions of at least 5 of the players, until they were told they couldn't. The two regents then met with the players and provided enough info to the players for them to end the boycott.

Well said. I'm right with you on all of it.

Completely agree and he was fired for his choices.

Yet two individuals who made arguably bigger mistakes than anything Claeys did have not been fired. One of them has gone right back into hiding - I mean leading the department in these crazy times. One of them is running around popping off as if he did something other than nothing - which is what he did until it was clear this wasn't going away, then he blamed everyone he possibly could while sharing more information than is legally allowed. His combination of inaction, then his actions have escalated a situation that could have and should have been addressed in September for the original 5 who were investigated. Instead we have a demonstrated and repeated failure of leadership on his part that is going to result in significant monetary damage to the University. Coyle had equal opportunity to step in and did not, preferring to hide in the shadows until he could do what he wanted all along - fire Claeys. But instead of that, he embarrassed himself and the University (the part I care about) by fabricating reasons beyond - it's time to move forward.

Both Kaler and Coyle should be fired for their parts in this fiasco as well.

Top Bottom