Ahmad Gilbert

howeda7

Reaction score
What's the story with him? He hasn't played a single minute in B1G play as far as I am aware. I thought he did OK providing instant offense and we need more 3 point shooters. Why is he not playing? Is there an injury/issue I am not aware of?

Zoom..... over your head.

How does refusing to play Gilbert 5-10 minutes per day him this season help us get Matthew Hurt? His brother is playing minimal minutes, but I'm not suggesting taking those away. They could come from Currey, Springs, etc.

How does refusing to play Gilbert 5-10 minutes per day him this season help us get Matthew Hurt? His brother is playing minimal minutes, but I'm not suggesting taking those away. They could come from Currey, Springs, etc.

If we do play Gilbert more, I'd prefer they come from Hurt's minutes. He has shot the 3 much better that Hurt. Jr however doesn't give us anything better than what Springs gives us and he's not a 4 at all like Curry.

Gilbert is also a bit slow to keep up defensively in the Big conference IMHO.

His catch and release three resume this year hasn't justified itself in comparison the the defensive challenges that come with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the story with him? Why is he not playing?

Simple answer, he was playing terrible.

67 mins & 8 turnovers. I was at the LIU game, he wasn't just a non-factor he was so bad he hurt the team, I guess coach came to the conclusion he cant trust/ play this guy.

Simple answer, he was playing terrible.

67 mins & 8 turnovers. I was at the LIU game, he wasn't just a non-factor he was so bad he hurt the team, I guess coach came to the conclusion he cant trust/ play this guy.

I was curious about this subject as well.

Is there a chance we may have one or more scholarships open up for next year?

FWIW I got Die Hard's comment , if no one else did.:)

I was curious about this subject as well.

Is there a chance we may have one or more scholarships open up for next year?

FWIW I got Die Hard's comment , if no one else did.:)

I think Pitino really likes Ahmad but thinks he is too slow on defense and that Hurt's upside is better. Defense has to be the identity of this team. That's the major difference between this year and last year- and it is caused by longer quicker athletes at most positions.

Top Bottom