Recruiting Iowa and Wisconsin.

Reaction score
Down memory lane here. I remember when Holtz came in he grabbed one of the top recruits in Wisconsin in DT Trent Trip out on Mondovi. I also believe he took a top kid out Iowa. Wisconsin and Iowa have pretty much closed the borders on Minnesota taking any top kids. Other helmet schools have come in and pilfered a few, but few and far between. Be interesting to see if PJ throws his hat in the ring on the 2018 class.

Down memory lane here. I remember when Holtz came in he grabbed one of the top recruits in Wisconsin in DT Trent Trip out on Mondovi. I also believe he took a top kid out Iowa. Wisconsin and Iowa have pretty much closed the borders on Minnesota taking any top kids. Other helmet schools have come in and pilfered a few, but few and far between. Be interesting to see if PJ throws his hat in the ring on the 2018 class.

Gary Couch was the player from Iowa that Holtz recruited that year I believe. We also got Jon Leverenz out of Iowa who became one of the better linebackers we've had over the years. Not sure if it was the same year or a little bit later.

Top Bottom