Seth Green

I do not think Seth Green will transfer if he is allowed to stay in school, and here is why.
Seth Green isn't getting a waiver to transfer to play somewhere else next year.
So if he transfers he'll have gone from splitting reps his last year of HS, sitting out a Red Shirt year, and sitting out a transfer year.

That's a lot of time sitting, waiting, and not playing any football.

I do not think Seth Green will transfer if he is allowed to stay in school, and here is why.
So if he transfers he'll have gone from splitting reps his last year of HS, sitting out a Red Shirt year, and sitting out a transfer year.

The difference is at a different school he can practice with the football team compared to be suspended from school here.

I agree with what you're saying, I just think that the situation goes away easier if these players just go away.

I hope I'm wrong.

I see it staying no matter what happens. For Coyle and Kaler, it is a matter of how much hotter they want their seats to get. Kaler is completely self-serving, realizes he's made some pretty large gaffs, so he will do what ever works for cooling down the folks who want him gone.

That could be true. But a lot of QBs don't see game time until their JR or SR seasons. This is pretty standard.

I think the question is how long do they wait? I don't know when the appeals will occur, but they're not just suspended from football, they're suspended/expelled from school. I don't know if they can attend class pending appeal, if they'll be kicked out immediately after the appeal if it fails, etc. But all of these guys are looking at a lost semester of school if their appeal is denied. I wouldn't bother with that risk.

Most colleges are back in class this week, and the U is back next week. I'm surprised they haven't all announced transfers already.

Yes, apparently SEVERAL of the 10 were not even there, and their involvement is more related to messages, picture sharing, etc. From what I gather, Green and Winfield (the two MVPs of the 10 imo) weren't in the apartment and did not participate directly. Question is, with the public howling for blood, will level of participation (non-participation) even matter? Will we have hippies (that ironically don't watch or care about sports) protesting on campus if either of these "terrible rapists" come back? I like Green as a player and was very happy when he committed to the U. I think he could be the future given a chance. Not sure at all about the Kentucky kid. 3rd best senior qb in the state of Kentucky... meh...

Or second best according to Rivals. I'll take second best in a state over second best on a high school team, which is what Green was. Even if he's allowed to stay, I don't think Green has a long term future at QB here. Green is a better runner than a passer. Fleck's offense needs an accurate passer. Unless another QB is brought in, I think Rhoda or Morgan has the best chance of starting next year.

I'd say that this is the one position on the roster where you'd best hope that no more consideration is given to any one over the other UNTIL:

1: It is determined who is available and eligible.
2. Spring and Fall camp evaluations.

Do we know who the suspended recommendations are for and who the expelled recommendations are for?

Hell, we don't even know who was there and who simply had a picture that reminded the lady of someone that was there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or second best according to Rivals. I'll take second best in a state over second best on a high school team, which is what Green was. Even if he's allowed to stay, I don't think Green has a long term future at QB here. Green is a better runner than a passer. Fleck's offense needs an accurate passer. Unless another QB is brought in, I think Rhoda or Morgan has the best chance of starting next year.

Valid point although Texas high school football is light years ahead of Kentucky. I don't think Kentucky is much of a football factory, not like Tx, where Green DID split reps. Is PJ more of a pass happy guy? Haven't seen that in MN in a while. It'd be a shame to under utilize Smith/Brooks.

Valid point although Texas high school football is light years ahead of Kentucky. I don't think Kentucky is much of a football factory, not like Tx, where Green DID split reps. Is PJ more of a pass happy guy? Haven't seen that in MN in a while. It'd be a shame to under utilize Smith/Brooks.

He runs a balanced offense. 50/50 run/pass split. His QB was mostly a pocket passer at Western Michigan although he could run a little if needed.

He runs a balanced offense. 50/50 run/pass split. His QB was mostly a pocket passer at Western Michigan although he could run a little if needed.

I'll have to admit that I like your current weather forecast better than the previous....

If we start Rhoda we'll be lucky to achieve 5-7. I like the kid but he's limited in ability and arm strength and won't be bailed out by an excellent defense this year.

If we start Rhoda we'll be lucky to achieve 5-7. I like the kid but he's limited in ability and arm strength and won't be bailed out by an excellent defense this year.

Limited in arm strength? He threw 92mph in baseball and had a chance to pitch for the U. Where did you get his arm strength was limited?

His passing offense puts the QB in the best situation to succeed set up by pre-snap motion and shifts that give the QB very simple reads on where to go with the pass. I think Rhoda or Croft would be front runners. Makes sense that he got Conor to stay. RBs carry the rushing load...

Given Coyle (and Fleck's) emphasis on "changing the culture," I just don't expect any of the "Gopher 10" to return. And Kaler is doubling down on his emphasis on 'preventing sexual violence' on campus.

After the appeal process, the only way any of the 10 return is if the panel/committee completely exonerates them and recommends no disciplinary action. Barring that, my best guess is that 5 are expelled, 4 more get a 1-year suspension, and one player gets a six-month suspension.

So - as far as the QB position, Green and Williams are likely gone. Next fall I would say going into the season, (barring a grad transfer) the initial depth chart goes Rhoda, Croft, the Juco, and Morgan.

The appeal process for the added 6 at least could be full of fireworks. The EEOC office and apparently Kaler/Coyle have credited the word of an individual who for a period of time willingly engaged in the debauchery, and who admitted drinking an unknown number of shots while this was going on. Certain individuals were identified as being present but not participating and were given 1 year suspensions based on the word of the intoxicated individual. Some of the 6 deny being involved in any manner, were allegedly totally floored by the allegations and obviously these circumstances were at least part of the reason for the boycott. I don't believe the appeal hearing will be open to the public, but you can be sure that the player's attorney will point out the unfairness of the investigation and punishment at least for some, and this could lead to legal proceedings depending on the desires of the affected players and their families.

The appeal process for the added 6 at least could be full of fireworks. The EEOC office and apparently Kaler/Coyle have credited the word of an individual who for a period of time willingly engaged in the debauchery, and who admitted drinking an unknown number of shots while this was going on. Certain individuals were identified as being present but not participating and were given 1 year suspensions based on the word of the intoxicated individual. Some of the 6 deny being involved in any manner, were allegedly totally floored by the allegations and obviously these circumstances were at least part of the reason for the boycott. I don't believe the appeal hearing will be open to the public, but you can be sure that the player's attorney will point out the unfairness of the investigation and punishment at least for some, and this could lead to legal proceedings depending on the desires of the affected players and their families.

Inside info?

He runs a balanced offense. 50/50 run/pass split.

Attempts per game:

2016 - Pass 27.0; Run 45.3
2015 - Pass 31.1; Run 40.5
2014 - Pass 28.6; Run 38.7
2013 - Pass 36.5; Run 32.4

They passed a lot in the first year when they were getting killed every game, and they've continued to lean more on the run as they've gotten better. In 2016, they ran the ball 62.7% of the time.

Attempts per game:

2016 - Pass 27.0; Run 45.3
2015 - Pass 31.1; Run 40.5
2014 - Pass 28.6; Run 38.7
2013 - Pass 36.5; Run 32.4

They passed a lot in the first year when they were getting killed every game, and they've continued to lean more on the run as they've gotten better. In 2016, they ran the ball 62.7% of the time.

2:1 run/pass ratio would look just fine here.

2:1 run/pass ratio would look just fine here.

It's also the inverse of the first year. They were killing people last year, so they ran the ball more. I'd guess the 2015 and 2014 splits are going to be more accurate.

It's also the inverse of the first year. They were killing people last year, so they ran the ball more. I'd guess the 2015 and 2014 splits are going to be more accurate.

Right and that's the point I was going to make too. It won't be a perfect 50/50 split, 55% run 45% pass may be more accurate, especially in the close games. Overall it's still a pretty balanced offense.

Top Bottom