Seth Green

hungan1

Reaction score
Will we see him back? Of all the ten players facing on suspensions, I'd like to see him get a chance to play for the Gophers the most. I don't know what his indiscretion is and whether it can be absolved.

Will Fleck take back any of the suspended players, or will he cut them all loose?

I get the feeling that they feel Tanner Morgan will be their QB of the future.

I think he's likely gone, Morgan didn't flip that quickly without some sort of understanding. Not to mention both the HC and OC were personally invested in his recruitment.

I think he's likely gone, Morgan didn't flip that quickly without some sort of understanding. Not to mention both the HC and OC were personally invested in his recruitment.

I don't know what happens with Seth Green, but I wouldn't use the signing of Tanner Morgan as any evidence one way or the other. We were going to sign at least one HS QB.

He talked Conor Rhoda into coming back, we signed Neil McLaurin, a JUCO dual QB, Reyondous Estes, a dual QB Mizzou commit is visiting January 20th. He flipped Morgan first. I don't think these things bode well for Williams nor Green or perhaps he is just covering his bases.

According to the police report, Seth wasn't in the apartment or even the same floor the night of the incident so he is most likely the one on probation so I think he has the best chance to get exonerated. If he does play, I think he has the inside track on the job.

I think both Seth and Demry have a better chance at the job than Rhoda or Morgan but we'll see.
I don't think Mclaurin ever sniffs the field at QB. I think Mark Williams is gone.

He talked Conor Rhoda into coming back, we signed Neil McLaurin, a JUCO dual QB, Reyondous Estes, a dual QB Mizzou commit is visiting January 20th. He flipped Morgan first. I don't think these things bode well for Williams nor Green or perhaps he is just covering his bases.

McLaurin was coming regardless - - It happened before the incident.
I don't see how signing FR QBs has anything to do with Green. We were going to sign QBs, regardless.
Rhoda. Next year, he will be a SR and Green will be a FR.

With or without the suspensions, this is about what I'd expect. I am pleasantly surprised by Rhoda, but everything else is exactly what we would have predicted prior to the suspensions.

McLaurin was coming regardless - - It happened before the incident.
I don't see how signing FR QBs has anything to do with Green. We were going to sign QBs, regardless.
Rhoda. Next year, he will be a SR and Green will be a FR.

With or without the suspensions, this is about what I'd expect. I am pleasantly surprised by Rhoda, but everything else is exactly what we would have predicted prior to the suspensions.

We were going to need another QB regardless of the incident and McLaurin is in school. Whether he fits Fleck's offense is a question, but I think with Rhoda, McLaurin, and Croft we are covered for the short term. I think it's a rule of thumb that you should have at least one QB in every recruiting class.

We were going to need another QB regardless of the incident and McLaurin is in school. Whether he fits Fleck's offense is a question, but I think with Rhoda, McLaurin, and Croft we are covered for the short term. I think it's a rule of thumb that you should have at least one QB in every recruiting class.

I agree. I am not arguing that Green comes back. I just don't think these things were evidence that he's gone. I think this exact scenario would have played our with or without Green in our future plans.

According to the police report, Seth wasn't in the apartment or even the same floor the night of the incident so he is most likely the one on probation so I think he has the best chance to get exonerated. If he does play, I think he has the inside track on the job.

I have heard the same thing about Winfield Jr, Shenault, and Buford. Does anybody really know for sure who's who in that report, or is this all speculation?

Do we know who the suspended recommendations are for and who the expelled recommendations are for?

Do we know who the suspended recommendations are for and who the expelled recommendations are for?

It's been pretty widely reported that Ray Buford, Carlton Djam, KiAnte Hardin, Dior Johnson and Tamarion Johnson are the players recommended for expulsion. It has been my assumption -- only an assumption -- that these five had physical contact with the woman, since four of the five were suspended during the police investigation, and the othe five suspended didn't.

It's been pretty widely reported that Ray Buford, Carlton Djam, KiAnte Hardin, Dior Johnson and Tamarion Johnson are the players recommended for expulsion. It has been my assumption -- only an assumption -- that these five had physical contact with the woman, since four of the five were suspended during the police investigation, and the othe five suspended didn't.

That would seem logical.

I would expect we might get back the suspended players some day, provided they stick it out, or somehow win an appeal in some forum somewhere.

I don't hold much hope out for the expelled players.

PJ might decide to wash his hands of all of it, might be the wise choice.

I agree. I am not arguing that Green comes back. I just don't think these things were evidence that he's gone. I think this exact scenario would have played our with or without Green in our future plans.

I don't know what happens with Green either and I agree with your synopsis of the current scenario.

Seems like a real logjam at QB. Hope someone steps up to be "elite". I am guessing Demry.

Antonio Shenault the one on probation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't a statement made that during the team's discussion with Kaler and Coyle during the boycott that they almost had the 5 players recommended for suspension or probation reinstated? If true, that sounds hopeful that their punishment could be altered.

Wasn't a statement made that during the team's discussion with Kaler and Coyle during the boycott that they almost had the 5 players recommended for suspension or probation reinstated? If true, that sounds hopeful that their punishment could be altered.

I wouldn't expect Kaler or Coyle to keep their word on anything promised in those meetings. It's all seemed to be complete B.S., at least from everything said by the players.

I think it would be a mistake to assume that Demry is for sure coming back. Just some speculation I've heard but far from confirmed

I think it would be a mistake to assume that Demry is for sure coming back. Just some speculation I've heard but far from confirmed

That would be unfortunate from a QB depth standpoint. Not really sure though how viable he was ever going to be as a QB for us so tough to say how big an impact on the field it would potentially be if he left. Was never really sold that he had the skill set at this level.

Just looking at McLaurin's stats from last year he's not a good passer but he has speed and 6'3 size, I could see him maybe converting to WR. If Seth Green returns IMO he is the top candidate with Rhoda and Morgan as backups.

Just looking at McLaurin's stats from last year he's not a good passer but he has speed and 6'3 size, I could see him maybe converting to WR. If Seth Green returns IMO he is the top candidate with Rhoda and Morgan as backups.

Maybe you are right, but if I was make to make a wager I think the starting QB going into next year will be Rhoda.

I wouldn't expect Kaler or Coyle to keep their word on anything promised in those meetings. It's all seemed to be complete B.S., at least from everything said by the players.

Well, it's out there. If they felt they couldn't offer it, they wouldn't have done so. I think cjcarter8 is saying that both must think those suspensions were a cautious overreach. Like I said, EOAA (C & K too) are in need of some cover and need this story to calm down a bit. Look for Kaler to assemble as neutral of a panel as he is able to do. Remember what the Chair of the BoR said recently...

Well, it's out there. If they felt they couldn't offer it, they wouldn't have done so. I think cjcarter8 is saying that both must think those suspensions were a cautious overreach. Like I said, EOAA (C & K too) are in need of some cover and need this story to calm down a bit. Look for Kaler to assemble as neutral of a panel as he is able to do. Remember what the Chair of the BoR said recently...

I agree with what you're saying, I just think that the situation goes away easier if these players just go away.

I hope I'm wrong.

Seems pretty pumped about Fleck on Twitter. He'll probably be the favorite to start as well.

There will be grad transfers available. Perhaps Fleck goes after one.

I have heard the same thing about Winfield Jr, Shenault, and Buford. Does anybody really know for sure who's who in that report, or is this all speculation?

Yes, apparently SEVERAL of the 10 were not even there, and their involvement is more related to messages, picture sharing, etc. From what I gather, Green and Winfield (the two MVPs of the 10 imo) weren't in the apartment and did not participate directly. Question is, with the public howling for blood, will level of participation (non-participation) even matter? Will we have hippies (that ironically don't watch or care about sports) protesting on campus if either of these "terrible rapists" come back? I like Green as a player and was very happy when he committed to the U. I think he could be the future given a chance. Not sure at all about the Kentucky kid. 3rd best senior qb in the state of Kentucky... meh...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom