Ed Warinner is the new offense line coach at Minnesota per Pete Thamel

Buckeye fans hated him as an OC cuz he demonstrated very little imagination and in the Sparty game he barely used Ezekial Elliot in the 2nd half - should be decent as O-line coach

TI'm Beck called plays that year

TE's coach at Florida State still out there for the picking. Possible OC candidate??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know you're joking and obviously it would never happen (from either side), but I would take Brewster as TE coach in a heartbeat.

No opinion until spoofin confirms level of o-line nastiness!

This hire is pretty nasty. Nice job PJF.

Holy sh*t this Fleck guy is unbelievable. - Is Dabo Swinney the new OC??

So wait. My team promotes a retarded ferentz kid, and you guys get this dude?

Any room on the boat for me?

So wait. My team promotes a retarded ferentz kid, and you guys get this dude?

Any room on the boat for me?

THAT warrants a chuckle....

This went from an above average hire as an OC to an incredible hire for just the OL.

to me the OL coach is the most important assistant coach position. An amazing hire and proof that PJ is a magician

This went from an above average hire as an OC to an incredible hire for just the OL.

would've been a terrible OC hire. Guy struggled to call plays and gameplan with the talent of OSU and he was supposed to do well with ours? Nah. But appears to be a great OL hire. Now we'll see how much of it was him and how much was the talent.

I remember Coach Warinner from my plebe days defending the Triple Option at Army while on the scout team defense....those were the days! We won't see that scheme at the U but it sure was fun to see in action.

My guess is that he recognized his lack of success as an OC. Probably better than anyone else. The OC job wasn't available at OSU so he came here. Less money for sure, but he's where he belongs. Could be a dream move for both him and us.

I gotta wonder if he is here with an understanding about a shot at another OC role....

I gotta wonder if he is here with an understanding about a shot at another OC role....

Even if that comes along for him elsewhere, we brought on the WMU OL as our TE coach, so that shouldn't be a drastic transition.

Even if that comes along for him elsewhere, we brought on the WMU OL as our TE coach, so that shouldn't be a drastic transition.

Yeah, I've no problem with bringing in a guy like Ed in as an OL coach with an offer of more just to get him here. If he is as good as they say then whomever takes over would be in a pretty good spot already.

Looks like we can close the book on Coach Warinner. Made it a year.

It is interesting looking back a year later. Staff changes are inevitable so we'll have to see how Fleck fills the holes in what looked like a very good P5 staff when he put it together.

Top Bottom