Ed Warinner is the new offense line coach at Minnesota per Pete Thamel

Guessing that Urban demoting him from OC probably caused a rift there. Certainly doesn't reduce his ability to coach OL.

I think it's just an awkward situation to have the old OC still around at a reduced role. I am not surprised he moved on. I am just surprised we were able to get him.

For us to land him, Fleck must have negotiated a very nice assistant salary pool.

On paper, the U really appears to be stepping up.

Go Gophers!!

A little surprised we are hearing about an O-Line coach before an OC is named but my guess is that behind the scenes things are probably already in the works on that end as well.

By all accounts this sounds like an outstanding hire for the O-Line.

Damn, that's a monster hire. Awesome job Fleck!

For us to land him, Fleck must have negotiated a very nice assistant salary pool.

On paper, the U really appears to be stepping up.

Go Gophers!!

Yeah I think we are in uncharted waters in terms of pay for coaches and assistants with football. We all know what Smith was making at Arkansas and no way Warinner would come cheap. The new administration seems committed to competing on the salary front with the rest of the conference, something that has not been the case around here for a long time.

A little surprised we are hearing about an O-Line coach before an OC is named but my guess is that behind the scenes things are probably already in the works on that end as well.

By all accounts this sounds like an outstanding hire for the O-Line.

I agree. I am totally speculating, but I think his old OC is coming and through their conversations they either know Warinner or had some type of discussion about what they are looking for in the o-line.

I think he was OL coach and Co-Offensive Coordinator previously at tOSU. Will he will have the same title here (no play-calling)?

TE's coach at Florida State still out there for the picking. Possible OC candidate??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need a cigarette.....

LOL

Solid off line coach at ND and OSU. He can recruit. He poached a kid from ND to OSU when he left ND, let's see if he tries this time.

My boat is rowing so fast now I am out of breath. What happened to a week ago when everybody was saying we would have no players to play for us and we couldn't pay anyone enough money to coach for us????

Solid off line coach at ND and OSU. He can recruit. He poached a kid from ND to OSU when he left ND, let's see if he tries this time.

He just might considering the allegations surrounding Kevin Wilson.

This hire is definitely ELITE - I think part of the reason he would come here has to do with his son, a 3 star OLB...

Correct me if I'm wrong but he was CO-OC and getting demoted. Still I love the hire given The fact it's to OL not OC. Now let's get some 4-5 star big boys on that line!!

Will he flip some O-Line recruits?

There might not be much room with our current class.

We just flipped a couple WMU recruits (we have to assume those are locked in).
We have two MN recruits, he said he was going to honor those.

I suppose it's possible, we have Kittrell still signed.

I could see us taking 1 more OL.

No opinion until spoofin confirms level of o-line nastiness!

There must be a large budget for assistant coaches now. None of the coaches that have been here before were
making anywhere near the type of salary (time-adjusted) to garner this kind of attention.

If only they had paid that kind of money for Stoll, Salem, Holtz, Gutey, etc, tc to snag some top-shelf assistants.

Oh well....looks like we're getting it now

There must be a large budget for assistant coaches now. None of the coaches that have been here before were
making anywhere near the type of salary (time-adjusted) to garner this kind of attention.

If only they had paid that kind of money for Stoll, Salem, Holtz, Gutey, etc, tc to snag some top-shelf assistants.

Oh well....looks like we're getting it now

We have Jerry Kill to thank for assistant coach salaries. He fought hard to move his guys up substantially in compensation.

That's pretty incredible. OC at Ohio State to OL at Minnesota.

I saw this and I just can't believe it. For me, this just solidifies how big time this hire was and how big time Minnesota Football is as long as Fleck is the head coach. To steal someone from Urban Meyer's staff is unbelievable to me. Minnesota Football will now be a national brand imo. It will be an Elite program within the Big Ten, along with OSU, Michigan, Penn St., and Wisconsin.

Row the fricken Boat PJ Fleck! Row the fricken boat!!! SKI U MAH!!!!!!

There might not be much room with our current class.

We just flipped a couple WMU recruits (we have to assume those are locked in).
We have two MN recruits, he said he was going to honor those.

I suppose it's possible, we have Kittrell still signed.

I could see us taking 1 more OL.

Was browsing the 2017 commits for Ohio State and didn't see many un-enrolled OL recruits. A 5* guard, but I doubt he makes the jump to MN.

A couple uncommitted players on the Ohio State "Targets" page looked intriguing, though.

http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/Commits

Chip Kelly as OC and Peyton Manning as QB coach confirmed.

Buckeye fans hated him as an OC cuz he demonstrated very little imagination and in the Sparty game he barely used Ezekial Elliot in the 2nd half - should be decent as O-line coach

Top Bottom