Ed Warinner is the new offense line coach at Minnesota per Pete Thamel

Ed Warinner Reported as Offensive Line Coach

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Previously Offensive Coordinator and Tight Ends coach at Ohio State...

That's pretty incredible. OC at Ohio State to OL at Minnesota.

How much is the salary pool for these coaches? Is he sure he's not the offensive coordinator as well?

Reaction from a couple of Buckeye rubes...

Very nice. Obviously, he has sold the U on a higher pool for assistants.

Fleck snags his first big recruit!!

Are we thinking the WMU WR coach ends up at the same position here or as OC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much is the salary pool for these coaches? Is he sure he's not the offensive coordinator as well?

Seems like he's gotta be, right? Otherwise we are likely talking about a $4,000,000+ pool for assistants, which seems unlikely to me.

Fleck snags his first big recruit!!

Are we thinking the WMU WR coach ends up at the same position here or as OC?

Heard Herman is coming here to be the Offensive Coordinator

So Shiano at d line then?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Warinner was FootballScoop's OL coach of the year in 2012 and 2014, and a finalist in 2011.

A step up for him from Ohio State OC to UofM OL coach. :p

Text from my Ohio State buddy:

"Ed is a really good offensive line coach. He worked wonders with our lines when that was the position he was responsible for. Unfortunately he did such a good job that he was promoted to OC when Herman left because there may have been some entitlement that he deserved more, and he failed at play calling and scheme. OSU' offense regressed under him but there is uncertainty on how responsible he was for play calling. But zero question as him as O-line coach. I wish he would have switched back there and stayed with our staff in that role that he's so good at."

Sounds like a great fit for us!

Go Gophers!!

Was also one of Rivals' top 25 recruiters nationally in 2014. People thought he may have wound up the Head Coach at WKU or even Purdue this last cycle. Like getting Picasso to paint our garage.

Many OSU fans consider him to be arguably the best O-line coach in the entire country. This is the best hire we could have possibly made for the O-line.

nice job stealing Ed Werder away from ESPN, elite move coach

Guessing that Urban demoting him from OC probably caused a rift there. Certainly doesn't reduce his ability to coach OL.

When he left Notre Dame to go to Ohio State, ND Nation was upset as his recruitment and ability to improve (coach up) kids were going to be missed a lot.

Top Bottom