Is there a city in the B1G Conference that you would consider " elite"?.....

Wow cool, I never new you could stand in both cities if you straddled the boarder... Great post!

Fact is; the center of campus to downtown Chicago is not even close to the relationship the U of M has to downtown Minneapolis.

Thanks. For whatever reason, the point does seem to elude you.

Evanston is ZERO miles from Chicago. They touch.

You responded to a post by someone who said Evanston is ZERO miles from Chicago. That person was 100% correct.

Nobody argued that it wasn't further than the U. You responded to a post where the person said Evanston borders Chicago.

You do seem to need some more Kindergarten-level illustrations to grasp this idea, let me know if you got it now, I'll shoot some over.

Thanks for telling me what I already know and never disputed.

Keep reposing the same stuff that really has zero relevance of the relationship between campus and downtown. Cool.

By your genius logic; North Korea and South Korea have ZERO miles between each other, they must be the same....

Oh.. So it needs to be 10 miles or less? Despite the fact the city skyline is the backdrop of the campus? Did you just use Sarah Palin as an example?! Northwestern is scheduled to play at Wrigley again. Why is that? A coincidence?

I hope you are kidding.

What don't you know? Its 35-40 min drive, 1 hour by transit.... If the University of Minnesota was located on the Mall of America site it would be a better comparison.

Sarah Palin can see Russia from her house!!!

Oh.. So it needs to be 10 miles or less? Despite the fact the city skyline is the backdrop of the campus? Did you just use Sarah Palin as an example?! Northwestern is scheduled to play at Wrigley again. Why is that? A coincidence?

I think the elite big ten cities, in the context of this board, as I would define them are cities who contain a big ten football or basketball teams which consistently finish in the top 20, and have been in the big ten for 20 years. Madison and Columbus qualify.

"Elite" is such a broad, person specific definition. So much so that it's probably irrelevant here. It's 2017, elitism is so 2014.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zero miles aye?

It's 35-40 mins from the heart of campus to downtown Chi, over an hour by transit. Ryan Field to Wrigley is about the same... Ice.

Are you waking to downtown? That’s ridiculous, you can get to downtown Chicago in 20 minutes without traffic & about 30 minutes on the Evanston express El line. Evanston itself is nice and diverse.

Also I’m not sure who said that the only city no elite is West Lafayette, ever been to Champaign/Urbana? Not elite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only options would be Minneapolis or Evanston. Evanston is a very quick shot to Chicago so I think that qualifies. IMO Chicago is the only "elite" city in the Midwest, but Minneapolis is not far behind. Criminally underrated city in the US, if it wasn't for the winters I'm sure it would be up there with the best. Milwaukee isn't all that close to Madison and is more like an Indy type city. Cool place to eat at but that's about it. Chicago and Minneapolis the only cities in the Midwest I would ever consider visiting on my own free will

Alcoholism is the only thing Madison is elite in. I refuse to recognize it as elite in any other aspect.

Madison is not a city

People in the South likely can't ID what state it is in. It's the 3rd most relevant place in Wisconsin behind Milwaukee + Green Bay. When you are winning bronze medals in Wisconsin, you are far from elite. WI has to be one of the worst 10-15 states to live in

Madison is not a city

People in the South likely can't ID what state it is in. It's the 3rd most relevant place in Wisconsin behind Milwaukee + Green Bay. When you are winning bronze medals in Wisconsin, you are far from elite. WI has to be one of the worst 10-15 states to live in

It's the 82nd-largest city in the U.S. Of course it's a city.

Here's my Elite Rankings of Metro Areas in the Big Ten:

1) NYC (Rutgers is only 38 miles from midtown, and is officially in the NYC metro area)
2) Chicago (Northwestern)
3) MSP (The U)
4) Washington DC (Maryland)
5) Columbus (OSU)
6) Madison (Those guys)
7) Lansing-East Lansing (MSU)
8) Ann Arbor (Michigan)
9) Lincoln (Nebraska)
10-13) Iowa City, Bloomington, Champaign-Urbana, West Lafayette
14) State College

For proximity to the center of the metro area, the U is #1 with a bullet.

Top Bottom