National Title Game Thread: Clemson and Alabama

Man, Watson with over 400 yards passing two years in a row against Alabama. That's crazy...

Paul Finebaum hasn't tweeted for nearly an hour. Bwahahahahaha

Can't believe Sweeny wasted all that time on that drive. If that pass was incomplete, there is a decent chance the clock runs out.

Agree. But god wanted them to win, apparently.

Nothing better than watching Bama go down. Clemson pretty close to a helmet school at this point.

Clemson's offense just wore them down. Over 90 plays on offense.

And that last TD was not a pick play. The defender grabbed and tackled the WR running the slant.

They will paint this as a classic like they did last year's title, but this was another case in point why college football is having trouble appealing to people and get them in the stands. 4 1/2 hours, Clemson runs 98 plays. The offensive players were no more impressive in the 2nd half. It's just that the defenders are all too gassed to run anymore. But the powers that be thinks points, points and more points make the game exciting, yet can't understand why stadiums are increasing becoming empty.

Watching exhausted defenders jog after WR's isn't exciting, it's just sloppy.

I'm glad that Jesus was able to hand deliver a championship to Dabo.

Watched on ESPNNews with the coaches even though PJ wasn't there and it was great getting the perspectives. From someone that didn't play football, learned a lot about what was going on with formations, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you think they could play gimme shelter a few more times?

Happy Clemson won.

Wondering, does anybody else think that the "pick" rule needs to be refined? PI, Targeting and picking are making college football really frustrating and inconsistent.

how can they NOT call the pick play there? worse case they get an overtime and amazing tv ratings and suspense. Kind of sad not to see the flag.

Renfrow is MVP hands down despite Watson's numbers. his tackle on the fumble saved a touchdown too!

Frankly Clemson should give us a template.

Playoffs are SO much better. Wish it was 8. No more than 8, but 8 would be perfect. SEC 7 of last 8 BCS titles, but just 1 of 3 in the 4 team playoff. True playoffs are always better. Go to 11 games. 2 non conference and 9 conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy Clemson won.

Wondering, does anybody else think that the "pick" rule needs to be refined? PI, Targeting and picking are making college football really frustrating and inconsistent.

Yup...the Clemson receiver absolutely tackled the DB covering him. I thought there would be a call, a kick and over-time.

The Clemson go ahead TD to Williams was a definite pick and should have been flagged. The final TD was not as the DB tackled the Clemson outside receiver and the DB covering Renfroe went behind that pile up and ran himself out of the play.

how can they NOT call the pick play there? worse case they get an overtime and amazing tv ratings and suspense. Kind of sad not to see the flag.

Renfrow is MVP hands down despite Watson's numbers. his tackle on the fumble saved a touchdown too!

They didn't call it because it wasn't a pick play. No one was picked.

Who cares if it was a pick or not? It was a classic but how in the hell were some of those guys still walking at the end? The Watson imitating a helicopter hit was unbelievable.

The Clemson go ahead TD to Williams was a definite pick and should have been flagged. The final TD was not as the DB tackled the Clemson outside receiver and the DB covering Renfroe went behind that pile up and ran himself out of the play.

This. The last one wasn't a pick play at all. The defender just grabbed the other WR. I don't think the DB who was covering the guy who caught the pass even ran into anyone. WR's can cross each other without it being a pick.

Top Bottom