Satisfied, I guess. Could have been worse. Liking Lynch and Konate better than I expected.

Purdue has wins against current #20 ND and #18 WI.

That's a quality win for us.

Should be higher, but it is what it is. As Pitino has said numerous times, its SOS and RPI that matter.

I know Coach says the AP poll is for the fans, but I am a fan damn it and I love this.

Absolutely. Get through these next 4 tough ones at 2-2 and we'll be sitting very nicely through the favorable home stretch.

I'm thinking 11-13 conference wins are very obtainable if we don't lay too many eggs.

Admittedly I have watched little NCAA basketball this year but it the Big really that down? Purdue at 17. Wisconsin at18 and Gophers at 24? Only Indiana and Maryland getting votes? Looks like a year that the gophers should exploit.

Admittedly I have watched little NCAA basketball this year but it the Big really that down? Purdue at 17. Wisconsin at18 and Gophers at 24? Only Indiana and Maryland getting votes? Looks like a year that the gophers should exploit.

I think Michigan State having a bad start blots the whole league. They were supposed to be the best and might still end up there, but with their bad preseason they cast a shadow over the rest. Maryland was supposed to be down, but they keep winning. Indiana has talent, but continues to soil themselves. Wisconsin is just Wisconsin. Boilers are a point guard short of being a borderline Final Four team. Nebraska has two really good guards which will keep them in games and help them win a few they shouldn't (see Maryland and Indiana) The league is okay, but there are no "elites." I've seen quite a bit of early season ball and the B1G is not the ACC, but comparable to the rest of the Power 5 plus the Big East.

When your marquee team is down, it hurts the perception of everyone else.

I know Coach says the AP poll is for the fans, but I am a fan damn it and I love this.

Agreed! We fans have been waiting a long time for this, and great to see. Pitino with a pop or two probably says the same thing.

the best part about being ranked is that they'll show up on the default NCAAM scoreboard on ESPN.com :D

I don't think I've ever saw a team with as few as 20 points be ranked! USC and Kansas State both only received 20 in the AP. USC got 30 in the Coaches.

lol, only because if and when we falter, the headline will be just that. Pitino fails to exploit a down B1G 10, completely ignoring the fact we won 2 games last year in conference.

Except everybody at the bottom is better than they were last year. Penn State, Illinois, and Nebraska are more likely to beat you this year. Even Rutgers is improved, but you can probably overlook them.

You know you can just add them to your favorite teams on espn so they do that all the time?

Really having fun watch this team improve this season. Izzo said after our OT loss this team just needs to learn how to finish and lately they have been doing that. Still, I agree with Pitino that he did not want them ranked as he is worried they would not work as hard. Now we will begin to find out on Wed.

You know you can just add them to your favorite teams on espn so they do that all the time?

Yup I'm aware, it was more meant as a humorous quip

And most of the time I click on the scoreboard anyways, not usually logged into ESPN

Can't overlook anyone. Surely Rutgers is better than NJIT and you saw what almost happened in that game.

Top Bottom