Fleck likely to bring most of offensive staff to MN

Talent is different but the Ohio St.s OL moves so pretty.

Kevin Wilson is going to be OSU's new OC, so Urbs is ok letting Warinner go.

After Clemson hung the big goose egg on the Buckeyes in the semi-finals. I would guess Urban maybe gave Warinner some encouragement to look in another direction.

After Clemson hung the big goose egg on the Buckeyes in the semi-finals. I would guess Urban maybe gave Warinner some encouragement to look in another direction.

Doesn't help that Barrett has a noodle arm and really struggled down the stretch.

tOSU offense has not been the same since Herman left.

FootballScoop is now saying that the Warinner deal isn't going to come together. Of course, they also said Fleck wasn't coming here, so who knows.

Warinner has a son who's a rising senior and 3-star prospect at OLB. I wonder if that plays into the decision at all, not wanting to make his son move with one year of football left. We'll take both!

The idea of Warinner is exciting, but I'd actually prefer PJ just kept his offensive staff together.

I think Fleck is a unique guy and I don't think EVERYONE is a match with him. I don't mean that as an insult to anyone, but we we know his current offensive coaches can work with him and put together a really good offense. It kind of feels like "why change a good thing?"

Minnesota: Was a lot of buzz going around the AFCA yesterday that Ohio State OC Ed Warinner had been targeted by PJ Fleck to join the staff at Minnesota as OC. Sources tell FootballScoop that the move is not expected to come together.

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

Supposedly Coyle told the assistants that Fleck would be in touch with all of them within 3 days.......don't think he has followed through with that.

Why would Ed want to do that?! I like the idea, go big or go home.
Curious why he's not keeping his current staff together? You guys were good, but now that I've got P5 job you're not THAT good?

I like the fact he is trying to get the best coaches and not afraid to chase big programs. Remember concerns when Kill brought all of his staff about if they could coach in the B1G? You don't see the big boys snatching coordinators from MAC schools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the fact he is trying to get the best coaches and not afraid to chase big programs. Remember concerns when Kill brought all of his staff about if they could coach in the B1G? You don't see the big boys snatching coordinators from MAC schools.

No. I remember people being excited that we had a staff with a lot of continuity.

No. I remember people being excited that we had a staff with a lot of continuity.

Well, either you weren't around back a few years ago or you have selective memory. Many people voiced concerns if they could recruit or coach at this next level. Many wondered if they would be in over their head.

Well, either you weren't around back a few years ago or you have selective memory. Many people voiced concerns if they could recruit or coach at this next level. Many wondered if they would be in over their head.

There has always been a small, yet vocal, group of people on the GH who pine for greener grass and get off whenever they hear sizzle.
The great programs became great because their coach and AD were all substance and loyal for life.
That was the opportunity we had with Kill. Now we may be back to sizzle, for which the short minded are getting off.

There has always been a small, yet vocal, group of people on the GH who pine for greener grass and get off whenever they hear sizzle.
The great programs became great because their coach and AD were all substance and loyal for life.
That was the opportunity we had with Kill. Now we may be back to sizzle, for which the short minded are getting off.

Kill resigned because he couldn't control his health. If he would have, he'd still likely be coaching here. Claeys is not Kill.

Seeing how the previous AD nor the current AD hired Kill not sure about the whole loyal bit you're going with.

Seeing how the previous AD nor the current AD hired Kill not sure about the whole loyal bit you're going with.
It makes my point.

UMN has had 50 years of instability with AD's, which corresponds to revolving door coaches.
Coyle is not our lifer because he's tied like wormwood to his master, Kaler. This means that Fleck will be a sizzle in the pan.

It makes my point.

UMN has had 50 years of instability with AD's, which corresponds to revolving door coaches.
Coyle is not our lifer because he's tied like wormwood to his master, Kaler. This means that Fleck will be a sizzle in the pan.

If you say so.

It makes my point.

No, you have no point. Kill wasn't the head coach.

That could be. I know their selling point was that the staff had been together a really long time. I am sure there were people who voiced that bizarre concern.

Is there anything preventing a coach from taking part of his already-negotiated salary and throwing it back into the assistant pool?

Isn't Matt Simon from Edina?

I've read that on this board and everything on this board is always 100% true. I just can't figure out why a kid from Edina would commute to Farmington for high school, but to each their own!

Top Bottom