OT Kyle Sassack commits

I agree that putting too much stock in the team recruiting rating right now is not smart. But <b>at signing day it does matter and statistics back that up.</b>

Oh yeah, the "proof". Anything else is an 'outlier'. We need to be reminded sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You really don't think Claeys would have filled up this class with 2 and 3 star recruits? Really?

I am all for being excited about the people coming in, but let's not go crazy.

I absolutely think Clayes would have filled this class in with 2 and 3 star players. That is point. The other poster wants to crap on these players who have flipped because they r 3 star guys. They r the same, or better possibly, than what Clayes would have gotten. I don't recall him ripping Clayes' recruits. In addition, he thinks we should be getting higher ranked recruits right off the bat with Fleck. He doesn't understand how recruiting works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

per Greder:

Gophers redshirt sophomore offensive lineman Kyle Sassack said Tuesday he has been granted a medical retirement from the football program.

“Earlier this season, I injured my shoulder for a third time and am no longer able to play football at this high level,” Sassack wrote in a message on Twitter.

Sassack redshirted in 2017, played in two games in 2018 and did not play in 2019. The 6-foot-7, 315-pound tackle from Pontiac, Mich., was with the Gophers team for their 31-24 victory over Auburn in last week’s Outback Bowl in Tampa, Fla.

“Thank you to Coach Fleck and the rest of the coaching staff for pushing me to become the best man I can be,” wrote Sassack, who said he will remain a student at the University of Minnesota.

Go Gophers!!

Sad way to end a career. I wish him the best in future endeavors.

Top Bottom