Well you are in for the ride of your life!

CY77

Reaction score
As a past player and WMU fan this has been a hell of a week! From the electricity of 40,000 Broncos at the MAC Championship game and the 25,000 of us that travelled to the Cotton Bowl going nuts "Rowing the Boat" to losing Coach and our recruiting class to you guys!
Well we knew we were lucky to have Coach and the day would come when he would move on but wow this is tough pill.
So let me tell you what's ahead! Culture change as never seen!
This 1st year will be laying his foundation which will include only people and players that are all in. Goals will be set and impossible to believe, some will be asked to leave (even prior starters). Players will be accountable and heavily involved in the community, GPA will matter (WMU football had a 3.19) He will make men of boys!
He will own MN, Norther ILL, and yes WI recruiting. Just watch!
You will feel the momentum as the change happens and I can't explain how good/proud you will feel. In Kzoo it took 2+ yrs but he developed a community culture we all were part and proud of.
It went national! Gameday in Kalamazoo was unbelievable and Coach made it happen.
We will move on and be fine but you are so fortunate with what's ahead.
Thanks PJ, Good luck next year and RTB from a new Gopher fan.

As a past player and WMU fan this has been a hell of a week! From the electricity of 40,000 Broncos at the MAC Championship game and the 25,000 of us that travelled to the Cotton Bowl going nuts "Rowing the Boat" to losing Coach and our recruiting class to you guys!
Well we knew we were lucky to have Coach and the day would come when he would move on but wow this is tough pill.
This 1st year will be laying his foundation which will include only people and players that are all in. Goals will be set and impossible to believe, some will be asked to leave (even prior starters). Players will be accountable and heavily involved in the community, GPA will matter (WMU football had a 3.19) He will make men of boys!
You will feel the momentum as the change happens and I can't explain how good/proud you will feel. In Kzoo it took 2+ yrs but he developed a community culture we all were part and proud of.
It went national! Gameday in Kalamazoo was unbelievable and Coach made it happen.

Classy Post, CY77! Thanks. And good luck to your Broncos as well.

Thanks for posting. I think most of us are excited, if not a little reserved, for now. We really hope what happened at WMU can/will happen here too.

As upset as I can imagine you and the rest of the fans are, gotta think PJ made that job much more attractive for the next coach.

Same we heard from the Northern Illinois fans this time 7 years ago!

Hopefully there is some "overlap" between cultures that allows for this to be less painful.

I wonder if Coach Fleck has his equivalent of the "Minnesota Loafers" brown shirts?

Appeared to work for Jerry and crew.

CY77 the last few days must have been hard for WMU fans.. Watching the Cotton Bowl, announcers just went on and on with there raves about PJ, and I wanted noting less then a 60 point blowout so he cools off and didn't want Cealys fired.. First impression though 99% of gopher fans have bought in including myself.. Thanks form all of us!!!

Question CY77: Should we expect a bit of a regression in year one? I know he only won 1 game his first year at WM and maybe he needs a year or so to create his culture and endure growing pains?

He better kiss the @$$ of Mpls feminazi community or he'll be heading back to Kalamazoo on the Megabus. [emoji41] [emoji33]

I would expect year 1 you will be a little down.
The culture will take some time to get full buy in. Coach runs at full throttle at all times good or bad.
Some players will struggle with his demands and expectations. There will be no attitude of entitlement allowed. This took time at WMU and you have players with Big Ten talent so he will need time to get everyone understanding the commitment.
The team will be well prepared for each game and you will hear " The ball is the program" non stop.
He runs a 50/50 pass run offense that is built on controlling the clock.
I don't know how the players fit his system but you will have a smart quarterback running the show.
He believes in 1 game seasons so every week is a new season nothing else matters.
My guess is 5 or 6 wins due to unknowns but I guarantee nothing less than B10W title in 2 yrs.
Buckle in and enjoy. RTB

We have a good ball club and good players already...this isn't a rebuilding year...this isn't Kill coming in after Brewster. Hopefully Fleck understand he has a good team and builds it not tear it down. We didn't hire him to go backwards.

We have a good ball club and good players already...this isn't a rebuilding year...this isn't Kill coming in after Brewster. Hopefully Fleck understand he has a good team and builds it not tear it down. We didn't hire him to go backwards.

Agreed. I hope to see them at least go bowling in his first year

GopherPhilly, I disagree. 1st year the most important thing will be getting the buy-in. Even if he drops better players for those completely into the new culture, it's what he must do. Only then will we see the big changes. It is a rebuilding year but not rebuilding talent. Rebuilding attitude.

You, sir, are a class act. Great post. Please know I am now a Western Michigan fan!

Thanks for the post CY77. I was hoping a Bronco fan would come over here to post something like this. #RTB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is PJ Fleck writing off the ten guys on appeals? Maybe that is why he is recruiting additional QBs as an insurance policy or just plain cleaning the slate.

He better kiss the @$$ of Mpls feminazi community or he'll be heading back to Kalamazoo on the Megabus. [emoji41] [emoji33]

Could you be anymore of an idiot? Give it a rest and go grind you caveman axe somewhere else.

Thanks for the info. Welcome to Gold Country and don't let the local sports writers get you down with their pro-sports bias.

Could you be anymore of an idiot? Give it a rest and go grind you caveman axe somewhere else.

Clearly you already kiss these @$$3$. [emoji41] [emoji375]

Thanks for the post CY77.

I do expect some turnover from the veterans

We're fortunate that our biggest weaknesses (WR) and (QB) seem to be where I trust Fleck the most.

Awesome post. Thank you for taking the time and stopping by. Congrats on everything you all achieved this year. Trust us, we were all cheering for you guys to beat the Badgers.

Go Gophers!!

Down yr 1 is fine by me if it included a trophy win(s)

With who Kill's regime recruited, I don't think it will be as drastic as WMU. We have a good GPA with some really good character guys. I think Fleck can blend it and keep moving forward.

Awesome post.

Informative and classy. Thank you very much.

Once they sit down and share a bowl of Difficult Conversations, I think he will feel the love.

Top Bottom