Jeff Jones enrolling at Kansas Garden City CC

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Good luck to him. I hope he figures it out and just maybe we can scoop him up in a year or 2.

Good Luck Jeff.
Wishing you success...Please make the most of it.

What a waste...good luck to getting your **** together Jeff.

Good for him, hope this is his turnaround.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good news. I hope he gets it together.

Good luck to him. I hope he figures it out and just maybe we can scoop him up in a year or 2.

Honestly his whole life in Minnesota has been a disaster. If he figures it out he should never come back for his own sake

what ever happened with the drug charges? were they dropped?

No chance after the cultural revolution

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Law suits may well bring a counter revolution. It looks like we have 2 wrongs here, 3 if you count the female who started the whole thing.

We do not ever ever need a repeat of the FB players behavior. Or the EOAA (add Coyle and Kaler). Or they young "lady." If Jeff gets his act together and fits the program, we should welcome him back with a clear understanding.

I wouldn't touch him with 100ft pole. Good luck to him though.

Jones was done a disservice when Kill pushed him through admissions. I think he would have been better served going straight to a JUCO, sometimes the players are just not right for the U when they are 18 especially coupled with the distraction and pressure of playing major college sports.

Is Jones' former coach at Washburn still employed by the U of M football program?
I recall him being hired as a babysitter when Jones committed.

Jones was done a disservice when Kill pushed him through admissions. I think he would have been better served going straight to a JUCO, sometimes the players are just not right for the U when they are 18 especially coupled with the distraction and pressure of playing major college sports.

I don't know. Jerry knocked himself out to try to make it work for Jeff, gave him all the tools to try to make it work for him academically.

Jerry was forced to hold him off of the field due to lack of follow through by Jeff.

I'd say Kill was trying to do him a service.

Heard a rumor he was involved in an incident but his name hasn't yet shown up in police reports. This one sounds like the biggest one yet.

He wanted to be a drug dealer more than a football player. Let's hope that has changed, if for no other reason then he doesn't seem to be a very good drug dealer.

Best of luck to the young man. Hope he beats the odds.

It's sad that I saw this thread near the top again and immediately thought "what did he do this time?"

He wanted to be a drug dealer more than a football player. Let's hope that has changed, if for no other reason then he doesn't seem to be a very good drug dealer.

LOL

He is a kid that took a wrong turn.

Let's hope that he's seen the light, and is shining a path in the right direction.

A lot of people are pulling for him.

Thought he was in jail, honestly.

I did a google search on him like a month ago and couldn't find anything recent.

I don't know. Jerry knocked himself out to try to make it work for Jeff, gave him all the tools to try to make it work for him academically.

Jerry was forced to hold him off of the field due to lack of follow through by Jeff.

I'd say Kill was trying to do him a service.

Kill was trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. The admissions process is there for a reason and forcing him through did no one any favors.

He's only got 2 years of eligibility left (at most - there was some debate about whether he had 4 in 5 because of how he came in, usually you only get 3 that way). That said, you have to have a minimum grade point average and a minimum number of credits to play your 5th season, I can't imagine there's anyway he could catch up at this point, so I don't see how he could possibly play D1 or D2.

His best bet is to dominate enough in CC that he at least gets a tryout for an NFL team and hope for the best.

Top Bottom