Video: P.J. Fleck: First Message to Gopher Football Fans

Gold Country? Meh. Better than Gopher Nation but only barely.

Fleck certainly knows how to kiss ass...is he going to praise Mark Coyle in every video and brag on that dbag? I get it...he's the boss. But seriously, when he stabs you in the back like he did Tracy and the players, know that you have been forwarned Coach Fleck.

LOL, Coyle and Kaler are desperate.

I don't have a problem with it, but Gold Country is already a thing - the Western Sierras of California.

Maybe he'll finally be able to pull off a successful 'Gold Out'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gold Country? Meh. Better than Gopher Nation but only barely.

FWIW, "Gold Country" dates back at least to the 70's. It comes and goes. PJF also picked up on North Star State; it won't be long before he's singing "Thou shalt be our Northern Star".

I don't care folks. I didn't like how it was handled at times either. But my chili is hot. And I'm more excited for this upcoming season than I would have been for claeys.

I don't care folks. I didn't like how it was handled at times either. But my chili is hot. And I'm more excited for this upcoming season than I would have been for claeys.

This is exactly how I have felt since the Fleck negotiations were very serious. I will probably get ripped for this. But if the gophers win the west in 2 years I'm sure opinions of Coyle will be far different.

My opinion of Coyle will not change. He showed no respect towards Claeys nor the players that were not involved in the incident. Unless he apologizes to all of them publicly, he will not get my support.
I though am very excited to see what happens over the coming years with Coach Fleck and the Gopher Football team. Ski-U-Mah!!

My opinion of Coyle will not change. He showed no respect towards Claeys nor the players that were not involved in the incident. Unless he apologizes to all of them publicly, he will not get my support.

^^^^^ this

FWIW, "Gold Country" dates back at least to the 70's. It comes and goes. PJF also picked up on North Star State; it won't be long before he's singing "Thou shalt be our Northern Star".

Yeah, I remember"Gold Country" in big letters painted on both ends of the basketball court at Williams Arena while I was an undergrad during the early-mid 1970's. That's when the players ran through that goofy looking basketball dribbling gopher during pregame introductions.
7250038.jpeg
team photo 1982

Gold Country!

I'm a little wait and see on Fleck. But if he's going to help bring back Gold Country and eliminate all remnants of Gopher Nation, I'm on board.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Maybe he'll finally be able to pull off a successful 'Gold Out'

You might not be far off on that...would not be surprised if they spring for something like that at one of the B1G home games this year.

Wow, you actually thought he made up Gold Country!

I really liked how he brought it up instead of that stupid $&@$ Nation crap that everyone else uses and Brew tried.

We have a proud tradition here, it may be old, but it is built on decades of winning and we should embrace it.

Yeah, I remember"Gold Country" in big letters painted on both ends of the basketball court at Williams Arena while I was an undergrad during the early-mid 1970's. That's when the players ran through that goofy looking basketball dribbling gopher during pregame introductions.

Thanks for the classic 1982 photo!!!

Top Bottom