Commit #2 of the night!! Trenton Guthrie a Gopher!!

He better get beefed up- he's the only LB commit we have as of now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geez...the article says he's a 6'2, 21-lb LB. Our Strength & Conditioning Coach has some work to do with this kid. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6'2" and 21 pounds is very thin. Maybe a position change is in order.

6'2" and 21 pounds is very thin. Maybe a position change is in order.

At 6'2 and 21 pounds he would have to back up the goalpost.

Joking aside, I hope this kid either has the quickness to come off the edge like huff and cashman do or possibly even turn into one of those lb/db hybrids that work well against the spread offence.

I'm not criticising Fleck for picking up a two star commit - I think the majority of recent Gophers that have gone to the NFL were two star when they came in and most recent 4 or high 3 stars are no longer playing.

I get the irony though that Coyle made such a thing of recruiting rankings as a partial justification for firing Claeys.

I get the irony though that Coyle made such a thing of recruiting rankings as a partial justification for firing Claeys.

Bear in mind, though, that Fleck has had limited time to fill out this recruiting class. If he's doing this well on this short of notice, he should do even better when he has a full year to recruit.

I'll take guys like Guthrie, especially with not much time to fill out a class. There are obviously positions of need that have been identified and Guthrie fills one of those needs.

We are on the way to be the best MAC team in the B1G!

Top Bottom