Commit #2 of the night!! Trenton Guthrie a Gopher!!

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Looks like he had offers from Ball State, Central Michigan and Toledo.

Go Gophers!!

How are we able steal recruits from Ball State??? This is awesome...truly a step up.

Sounds like he will be here next week and will also be able to participate in spring practice.

But really tho, none of these recruits are like super highly rated to the point that they're a steal...

But really tho, none of these recruits are like super highly rated to the point that they're a steal...

Recruiting rankings are overrated. Not to mention it's 3 weeks before signing day. Fleck's best chance is to get the guys he has already developed a relationship with to flip. Here's hoping he gets some guys who decided against WM so they could play in a Power conference

<b>Recruiting rankings are overrated.</b> Not to mention it's 3 weeks before signing day. Fleck's best chance is to get the guys he has already developed a relationship with to flip. Here's hoping he gets some guys who decided against WM so they could play in a Power conference

here we go......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder how the Western Michigan commits who don't get offers will feel. Also I don't get the people criticizing the offers, at this point there's a month 'til signing day there's a limited number of players available at this point you can't build relationships with a month to go. At this point it's best to get the best mix of Minnesota commits and Western Michigan commits.

Damn right here we go... didn't we just fire a coach for having bad recruiting class rankings?

Well this didn't take long. He just accepted the job for crying out loud. He isn't a miracle worker.

Wonder how the Western Michigan commits who don't get offers will feel. Also I don't get the people criticizing the offers, at this point there's a month 'til signing day there's a limited number of players available at this point you can't build relationships with a month to go. At this point it's best to get the best mix of Minnesota commits and Western Michigan commits.

Let the excuses begin. But if Claeys were kept and brought in a two star I'm sure you would have crucified him, correct?

Let the excuses begin. But if Claeys were kept and brought in a two star I'm sure you would have crucified him, correct?

How is this an excuse? You can't build a relationship with someone in a month of recruiting and have them commit.

If you've only taken a couple strokes off the dock how do you expect someone to catch the big fish? The big fish swim in the deep waters, gotta row with all th paddles together to get there.

If you've only taken a couple strokes off the dock how do you expect someone to catch the big fish? The big fish swim in the deep waters, gotta row with all th paddles together to get there.

Okay serious question though, if we're giving out all of these scholarships, are we keeping our recruiting class or no?

Fleck's press conference was 7 hours ago and he has 4 commitments. He just needs bodies at this point.

Okay serious question though, if we're giving out all of these scholarships, are we keeping our recruiting class or no?

We have 10 players that are about to be expelled. We have plenty of scholarships.

Welcome, keep 'em coming!

These are the easy ones. Fleck already has a relationship with these guys, Fleck already had them committed, so he's looking over his commits and bringing his best ones to MN. This always happens with new coaches. I think Kill brought in 4 guys right away (Rabe, Foster Bush, Marcus Jones, etc.).

You will probably see 3-4 MN guys decommit, it happens every time there is a new coach.

Keep in mind, this is now going to be a large class.

On Guthrie, he really gets a good jump off the ball. I'm not sure if he's a projected DE or LB, but he really is quick off the ball. I wasn't surprised to see him block so many kicks.

I think he's as impressive as any of these recruits so far.

Why? We'll find out before signing day.

I think it would be hard for any of the 10 to remain at the U after the way their names have been plastered everywhere. Even if not suspended/expelled I wouldn't blame them for wanting to start over somewhere else.

I think it would be hard for any of the 10 to remain at the U after the way their names have been plastered everywhere. Even if not suspended/expelled I wouldn't blame them for wanting to start over somewhere else.

Oh, I don't think they will. I could see the suspended guys returning (possibly), but I am assuming they're gone.

I just meant "worst"/"best" case scenario, they'll all be back, we could still manipulate our class because it'll be before NSD.

Top Bottom