Xs and Os: How will the systems compare?

BarnBoy

Reaction score
Discuss.

More importantly, did WMU have a good "run up the middle" play?

He's been coach for four years. I think he will mold a bit to talent and coordinators.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DiNardo was saying on BTN that that 270 words the players will need to get familiar with could possibly have to do with play calling.He said Western ran an uptempo scheme with all of the play calling being done at the line of scrimmage.Dont know how accurate this is but it's interesting.

Xs and Os don't matter. Playing Nasty is what matters. Duh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Philosophy is very similar to Kill

DiNardo was saying on BTN that that 270 words the players will need to get familiar with could possibly have to do with play calling.He said Western ran an uptempo scheme with all of the play calling being done at the line of scrimmage.Dont know how accurate this is but it's interesting.

They run the ball. In NCAA stats they are similar to Wisconsin in time of possession, at the top. Western Michigan did not get penalized very often...disciplined. They may not huddle but they use the play clock...that's not Chip Kelly. http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/705
Wisconsin #1 Western Michigan #5 Minnesota #42 in Time of Possession

Western Michigan Rushing offense #24 in country...Minnesota not top 50 but it was still our identity... Wisconsin is #39

PJ's team is high in the categories you look at to see if someone can coach. Fewest penalties per game.. Western Michigan is 23, Wisconsin is #2 Minnesota not top 50.

I include Wisconsin because that's who we need to beat and their philosophy is similar to Minnesota and Western Michigan/PJ Fleck.

IMO the glossary has absolutely nothing to do with play calling. It is about culture. It is about what terms mean in our program. These words mean the same thing to every person...they don't mean one thing to one person and something else to another teammate. We are clear on the definition of what these words mean to us as a team. So when we communicate the meaning is instantly clear and we play fast without having to think about what the coach wants or expects. For example: "Next Play" forget about mistakes, they are history, move on, no time to pout or however you define it but everybody has a clear understanding of what you mean when you say "Next Play" it is a philosophy in two words. PJ has 217 of those.
That's my guess....that's what a team glossary meant in my programs.

Top Bottom