Pioneer Press: Expect Western Michigan recruits to follow P.J. Fleck to Minnesota

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Dane:

P.J. Fleck has proven himself as a tactician — and salesman — through his rapid rise up the coaching ranks. Listen to the new Minnesota head football coach talk for even 10 seconds, and that becomes increasingly clear.

That, among other things, helped the 36-year-old Fleck lead a massive turnaround at Western Michigan. His bravado is infectious to the point that recruits would be willing to run through a brick wall for Fleck — or even blindly follow him to the Twin Cities.

“I committed to P.J. Fleck,” said Tyrone Chambers, a three-star defensive tackle who has reopened his recruitment. “I’m willing to follow P.J. Fleck wherever he goes.”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/01/0...an-recruits-to-follow-p-j-fleck-to-minnesota/

Go Gophers!!

I like defensive tackles, everything starts up front with the big men in the middle on defense. Would not mind poaching a couple recruits away from WMU. Notre Dame did it to us when Holtz bailed.

Chambers would be a very good get! There was multiple defensive lineman commits for the Broncos, so that bodes well for Minnesota with this recruiting class.

Is it colder in Minnesota than in western Michigan:confused:

They get more lake effect snow

Is it colder in Minnesota than in western Michigan:confused:

WMU and Kalamazoo get more snow. They are a little bit further south, so it doesn't get quite as frigid as we tend to get as often.

Will be interesting to see if he can get any guys who declined WMU to play in a larger conference.

Top Bottom