shaw for OL?

acemac

Reaction score
Will fleck do the right thing and bring gordy shaw back?

flecks current staff is lack luster at best.

I think we really need to tamper the 'bringing xxx back' expectations a bit...
They were fired, Coyle wanted them gone, I have a hard time seeing Fleck pushing that envelope too much.

They were fired, Coyle wanted them gone, I have a hard time seeing Fleck pushing that envelope too much.

Seriously, the last thing we need is PJ jumping into that mess.

Time to start fresh.

Western Michigan won the MAC not the MIAC. You act like Larry, Moe and Curly were OC, DC and ST.

You realize that Shaw dates back to the Mason staff, not Kill or Claey's correct? I disagree, he has been gone to long and burned some bridges in the way he left, like drunk posting on Gopherhole as Indiana something or another.

as far as I can tell there is only one coach with experience in a big time program and he was a coach at minnesota during a very bad time. I just hope the new coach will bring in coaches that know what the big ten is all about.

You realize that Shaw dates back to the Mason staff, not Kill or Claey's correct? I disagree, he has been gone to long and burned some bridges in the way he left, like drunk posting on Gopherhole as Indiana something or another.

He didn't.

as far as I can tell there is only one coach with experience in a big time program and he was a coach at minnesota during a very bad time. I just hope the new coach will bring in coaches that know what the big ten is all about.

Did Kill and Co have any big time program experience?

As for what B1G is all about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO-QTJer3vU

Shaw had the best rushing O line in the World. that is what we have been missing.

No flecking way!!!

Question: Do you want Fleck to hire a coach that would not get an interview at another P5 school?

Shaw left Minnesota in a huff and has bounced around since.

If he was as good as some people feel, he wouldn't need a new job every year at a decreased salary.

Shaw had the best rushing O line in the World. that is what we have been missing.
That was a completely different system, and Browning and Mason were also part of that story.

he needs to be in a midwest area to shine he is the hero we need.

I agree for the most part. However, Coyle fired Claeys; that doesn't mean Coyle put that much -- or any -- thought into the rest of the staff. Shaw himself was a holdover from Wacker's staff.

Shaw was a terrific coach here. At the beginning of mason's tenure, he coached the defensive line. The
Gophers were actually known as a good DEFENSIVE team during that time.

Then, he was moved to coach the O-line, and they started developing All-Americans there. One of the best
unit coaches we've ever had.

Shaw was a terrific coach here. At the beginning of mason's tenure, he coached the defensive line. The
Gophers were actually known as a good DEFENSIVE team during that time.

Then, he was moved to coach the O-line, and they started developing All-Americans there. One of the best
unit coaches we've ever had.

Bingo!

So you are saying he is NOT bringing any of his current staff??

If what you say is true, we made a bad hire. Guarantee if Fleck stayed, staff from a 13-1 team would be getting opportunities.

I am sure his staff is great in the MAC there just not not seem to be much power in his staff.

I don't know if we could pry Shaw away from the football powerhouse Colorado State-Pueblo. Can't believe people still bring him up. I don't think he's been in one place long enough since he left here to unpack his suitcase,

Fleck's team did beat 2 big ten teams this year. Granted they were Purdue and Illinois, but I guess they still qualify as Big Ten.

Top Bottom