The rest of the 2017 recruiting cycle?

Frank Grimey Grimes

Reaction score
This can be moved into the 2017 recruiting thread if needed....Predictions on how Fleck impacts this class? Do we retain all of the commits so far? Does Fleck bring some WMU commits with him? Also, are we able to steal some highly regarded talent with Fleck at the helm?

My guess (which as good as anyone's) is that we will lose 2-3 commits as they are already being contacted (illegally) by other schools or don't fit what he wants and that he will bring over 7-10 of his WMU recruits based on their fondness of PJ and our current roster needs. We will probably lose some current players for various reasons. Net out at about 25 new bodies on the roster.

I don't expect big swings outright.

I expect we'll lose some guys as per the usual chaos and extra chaos we had.

Maybe PJ picks up a guy two or so.

But as for recruiting I'll worry about the next cycle as far as PJ goes.

But as for recruiting I'll worry about the next cycle as far as PJ goes.

I think recruiting next year will be our best in a long time. The hype train will be at full speed (see Tim Brewster).

EDIT: The wins won't matter to recruits next year (see Fleck's first year at WMU).

Then gotta start winning some games to sustain.

My guess (which as good as anyone's) is that we will lose 2-3 commits as they are already being contacted (illegally) by other schools or don't fit what he wants and that he will bring over 7-10 of his WMU recruits based on their fondness of PJ and our current roster needs. We will probably lose some current players for various reasons. Net out at about 25 new bodies on the roster.

I think we will lose more than 2-3. I think some of them will choose to go elsewhere and some of them will be us moving on. I don't blame Fleck for that, every coach in the country does that (including Kill when he arrived). I think about 5 of our current recruits will go elsewhere and we'll finish 25-28 recruits (we also will have more spots to fill following the departures).

I think recruiting next year will be our best in a long time. The hype train will be at full speed (see Tim Brewster).

Then gotta keep winning some games to sustain.

I think next year will be interesting with Fleck. We should have a pretty good team and he should have a lot of momentum.

I think next year will be interesting with Fleck. We should have a pretty good team and he should have a lot of momentum.

QB?

Players suspended?

Not as sure about that.

I am excited but I'm not sure it is smooth sailing...

Two Illinois kids have de-committed from Western Michigan today in 6'1", 280-pound DT Chris Elmore and 6'0", 180-pound WR Chris Bell. So both players are prospects you need to keep an eye on going forth.

The Moore kid (Kentucky QB) and Chambers (Ohio DT) are the two biggest prizes imo.

QB?

Players suspended?

Not as sure about that.

I am excited but I'm not sure it is smooth sailing...

QB? They aren't replacing someone who tore it up.
Players Suspended? Our secondary is going to be a concern

We are bringing back two very good RBs, most of our OL, most of our WRs (for whatever that is worth), our best TE should be healthy and a lot of players in front 7 will be back.

The cupboard is, by no means, bare. Next year's team should at least win 7 games.

Top Bottom