Fleck's 1st interview - Ski-U-Mah meets Row The Boat

There are banks that charge no fees. Also interest is trash because fed rates are so low. Why would they give away money?

You clearly don't have much of a basic economic understanding.

Fake News! :mad:

I have been thinking about a new slogan for Fleck since WMU owns "Row The Boat". I am going to toss in "Fill The Bank"

It can play on multiple levels. 1. Filling "TCF stadium". Creating an excitement around the program to pack the place. 2. Putting in "Work" each and every day to grow and earn your paycheck. Investing in yourselves to create a strong foundation to live upon 3. Making the Withdrawal i.e. filling up your bank account so you can make a large withdrawal i.e. a trip to Indy & eventually Rose Bowl.

Ugh- keep working at your marketing degree.

This famous Minnesota phrase Ski-U-Mah (pronounced SKY-YOU-MAH) is more than 115 years old. In 1884, two Minnesota rowing team members, John W. Adams and Win Sargent, tried to think of a fitting team yell. They used the word “Ski”, a Sioux battle cry meaning row, and combined it with “U-Mah” (representing the "the boat" and rhyming with “rah-rah-rah”) to create a team cheer. The phrase stuck and was incorporated into both official school songs, “Hail Minnesota” and more commonly in the “Minnesota Rouser.”

I think my GH signature already explains what it means...

Sartorially correct from the jump. Suit, Shirt, Tie, and Pocket Square. Only one chance to make a first impression. Check that off the list.

He's a good hire and a great interview. But I just caution that we can't be content to win the press conference. Rip on Kill/Claeys styles all you want but they won 8 or more games here 3 times in last 4 years. That's more successful than anyone recently.

I'm anxious to see what happens next season.

The perception is he's better coach, so 8 wins in 2017 regular season and above .500 in B1G should be the expectation.

Fantastic. Hopefully he's more than a snake oil salesman. I'm on board.

Banks charge usery fees and pay no meaningful interest on deposits. Banks serve only themselves at the expense of clients. Please!...choose another analogy.:mad:

So, wow, the irony of TCF Bank Stadium. Just clicked...I've been so naive...thanks for enlightening me.

Fantastic. Hopefully he's more than a snake oil salesman. I'm on board.

Not predicting any success but the rebuilding job at WMU capped with a 13-0 run and loss in Cotton Bowl suggests he is.

Ok - the Gophers have a shiny new toy, and everyone is excited.

I hope it works out. I hope Fleck is successful.

but, please - please - please - let's not forget how we got here.

Let's not forget that the Gopher AD is at best a terrible communicator, and at worst is a bald-faced liar.

Let's not forget that some good people and good coaches lost their jobs.

Let's not forget that 10 Gopher athletes are suspended - some likely for good reason - but some quite possibly for no good reason - and they are forced to appeal their suspensions just for their cases to be heard before a (hopefully) impartial panel.

let's not forget how we got here.

Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it.

Agreed, but let's remember the whole thing of how we got here, including that Tracy was hired as the permanent coach but a fairly soft permanent with a small buyout for a reason. He was pretty much in audition mode this year, a year where Claeys himself projected 8-10 wins; in other words, we ended up on the low end of expectations. And we failed to hold leads that, had we held them, would have gotten us to the upper end of expectations or even beyond. And then the scandal. Not the best audition.

9 wins would be in the middle of 8 to 10 wins, so not at the low end of expectaions. It wasn't the best audition, but it also wasn't the worst. I imagine Tracy learned a whole lot during this year and would have been much better in year two. We will never know.
Don't like how it all went down. Excited though to see what PJ can do here with the solid base that was established by Kill and continued by Claeys.

Thanks Nadine! PJ has to be the perfect guy to transition the mess administration created. I'm optimistic we are going to move forward in an upward arc and build on the bowl win and our 9 and 4 season!!!

Thanks for breaking the news on the hiring, 60'S Guy!

Never had seen any of his interviews. The guy was spot-on - knew exactly what to say and how to best answer questions. He's definitely got personality. I just hope he can coach at this level.

I have been thinking about a new slogan for Fleck since WMU owns "Row The Boat". I am going to toss in "Fill The Bank"

It can play on multiple levels. 1. Filling "TCF stadium". Creating an excitement around the program to pack the place. 2. Putting in "Work" each and every day to grow and earn your paycheck. Investing in yourselves to create a strong foundation to live upon 3. Making the Withdrawal i.e. filling up your bank account so you can make a large withdrawal i.e. a trip to Indy & eventually Rose Bowl.

Add creating excrement to your list.

Even gets the tie and handkerchief colors right. Wow! I didn't realize how bad Claeys was as a face of the football team until I put his interviews next to this one. Fleck gets it...he knows what to say. I particularly loved the "the guys didn't pick me but I picked them." Words matter.
You loved Brewster. Admit it.

Fleck is who he is. Claeys is who he is. We can be excited about Fleck without denegrating Claeys. They are two different people.
Tracy is basically a soft-spoken, no-nonsense football guy who was (yes) successful as a head coach. Fleck is a fired-up sort of
guy who is (yes) a successful head coach. Its possible to actually like them both!

Tell Mark Coyle that as he tossed Tracy and his staff under the bus instead of just moving on with the "moving in a new direction" coach speak. Coyle is scum.

Could there be a more stark contrast between Tracy Claeys and PJ Fleck?! Wow. This is nothing like listening to Jerry Kill or Tracy Claeys. Nothing. Not saying it's good or bad, but man what a difference.

I hear what he's saying, but I'll trust what he does...

Top Bottom