Just checking, does everyone still hate Kaler?

Quite the contrary. If those two go, Fleck is basically working for two people who didn't hire him and has no loyalty to the place. I don't think Kaler or Coyle should be lauded for how they handled this incident, but stability is what we need right now. Mason is no friend to administration, but he's been saying something in this vein with Barreiro.
Can't keep snakes in the house.

Still think Kaler and Coyle are both weasels. That said, both seem to be committed to athletic excellence. If the BOR can come up with replacements who are actual leaders and committed to all athletics, make the change. I just don't want to go back to what we've had the last 50 years.

Still think Kaler and Coyle are both weasels. That said, both seem to be committed to athletic excellence. If the BOR can come up with replacements who are actual leaders and committed to all athletics, make the change. I just don't want to go back to what we've had the last 50 years.

Pretty much my point. I'm tired of the carousel.

Due process be damned.

The appeals are ongoing right now. However, regardless of how the EOAA finds, the players should not be invited back to the team. The athletic suspensions are not tied to any EOAA decision, and their actions (legal or not, consensual or not, breach of the code of conduct or not) damaged the program.

The appeals are ongoing right now. However, regardless of how the EOAA finds, the players should not be invited back to the team. The athletic suspensions are not tied to any EOAA decision, and their actions (legal or not, consensual or not, breach of the code of conduct or not) damaged the program.
Including the guys who are accused, but weren't even there.
Tell me...how much do you enjoy being a racist?

A code of conduct cannot regulate consensual sex. That is weird and creepy.

They won't be back on the team though, but you can't kick someone off a team for any kind of consensual sex.

If we find out even one of the 10 were completely innocent, then heads should roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure if Kaler is still around he'll find someone to fire for it. Possibly even Coyle, if he's still around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a point of reference, the basketball team had players suspended last year and most of them are back this season. It was an eyesore at the time, but the were given a second chance.
With the football players, it should be the same thing, especially that second group of 5.

Including the guys who are accused, but weren't even there.
Tell me...how much do you enjoy being a racist?
What? I have never mentioned race in any of my posts. The conduct is what matters not the color of their skin or the victim or Kaler or Coyle. Please don't project your feelings onto other people's posts.

you can't kick someone off a team for any kind of consensual sex.
You can kick someone off the team for nearly any reason, you can't kick them out of the University for any reason. Bringing horrible PR and a cloud of scandal to the program is more than enough reason to remove someone from the team.

What? I have never mentioned race in any of my posts. The conduct is what matters not the color of their skin or the victim or Kaler or Coyle. Please don't project your feelings onto other people's posts.
What conduct was unbecoming for the kids that were not there, yet are suspended for being young black men who have young black friends who got involved in a kinky sex act with a white woman?
Look at history and see how many black men were lynched because a white woman accused them of sexual impropriety. Stick your head in the sand, but don't imagine for one second that race doesn't play a factor in the events that have conspired this past fall.

You can kick someone off the team for nearly any reason, you can't kick them out of the University for any reason. Bringing horrible PR and a cloud of scandal to the program is more than enough reason to remove someone from the team.
Racism is an ugly beast that is hard to see when you're privileged.

Top Bottom