Just checking, does everyone still hate Kaler?

@JustTheFacts: Just checking...you getting the answers here you wanted? Somehow I doubt it.

I didn't like the way Claeys was treated. But I am over it now.
The players will get over it too.
I wish I could always reach the correct conclusion.

Kaler is a walking talking pile of feces. Coyle is a maggot crawling through that feces.

I am glad we got Fleck and i'm more than happy to give Coyle credit for that. But you might be going a bit overboard. If you would have polled Gopherhole on December 27th and asked one question:
(1) If we fire Claeys and are willing to pay $3.5M for a replacement who is his likely realistic replacement?

I think 75% to 85% of the people would have said Fleck.

Very likely, but the problem with that assertion is that many of those 75-85% also said Flip Saunders was going to be the next Gophers coach and often say the Gophers should get Dungy for football. Wishing/hoping/praying who is the "likely replacement" doesn't exactly mean it's a strong likelihood.

I get what you're saying, but what they pulled off was pretty impressive; I'm not a U alum and I certainly don't know enough about the remaining particulars to comment on Kaler or Coyle but what they accomplished here was pretty substantial.

Coyle I'm coming on, I think he was trying to be a good boy for Kaler.
Kaler I still despise. He's gone in may, hopefully..

I hope he & Coyle get fired after the players who were totally railroaded by the U and EoAA and had their names and faces put on TV and called rapists win huge settlements.

Very likely, but the problem with that assertion is that many of those 75-85% also said Flip Saunders was going to be the next Gophers coach and often say the Gophers should get Dungy for football. Wishing/hoping/praying who is the "likely replacement" doesn't exactly mean it's a strong likelihood.

I get what you're saying, but what they pulled off was pretty impressive; I'm not a U alum and I certainly don't know enough about the remaining particulars to comment on Kaler or Coyle but what they accomplished here was pretty substantial.

I don't buy that for a second.

People, who knew nothing, bring up guys like Dungy or Chip Kelly this year. Most of our fandom made fun of those people (rightfully so).

Most of our fandom thought Fleck was probably going to be the guy, especially if we ponied up.

The Dungy talk is absolutely nothing like the Fleck talk.

Yep. I want Kaler out just as much as I did yesterday and for the exact same reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't buy that for a second.

People, who knew nothing, bring up guys like Dungy or Chip Kelly this year. Most of our fandom made fun of those people (rightfully so).

Most of our fandom thought Fleck was probably going to be the guy, especially if we ponied up.

The Dungy talk is absolutely nothing like the Fleck talk.

Dude, the Dungy thing is a bit on GH.

Every time after I listen to Coyle speak, I feel the need to take a shower. You can tell he has rehearsed that "athletically, academically and socially" line so much that it just rolls off his tongue without even having to think about it. Hopefully Fleck gets the players to buy in so much that they can put their distrust of Coyle/Kaler on the back burner.

I don't like how Kaler and Coyle used their informational advantage on unsophisticated people and discarded them to reach their objective, but they probably improved the strategic position of the University. If you look at what football success has contributed to other D1 schools (improved application numbers and thus selectivity, increases in donations, etc) then if successful Fleck's 3.5m salary will be a small price to pay.
Nevertheless, Coyle is Lumberg. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFRa7Ovym8s

Kaler is still a snake! Luckily he will be fired in may at the meetings is pretty much what Dean Johnson said.

And Coyle should go as well. He hired someone who anyone could have hired with the money we gave them.

Getting rid of these 2 is the only way we move on from the major mistakes they made! Only way to get everyone back on board, players, fans, boosters.

I have only had one quick inter-action with Kaler and he was an ass.
from what i see and read, that may not have been a rare occurrence.

Kaler may be good at handling the rest of the University's business (I don't know one way or the other) but as far as handling the sports side and the PR side, he needs help. Hopefully he can stay out of Coyle's way. Look for Coyle to distance himself from Kaler in the next couple of months. I give Coyle a bit of a pass on this situation because he hasn't been in position long enough to go against his boss. And his boss has a pretty strong opinion on sexual assault matters-- strong enough to try to make us forget that him and his search firm hired a known sexual predator as the previous AD. Kaler will always go overboard to try to make up for that- but will never succeed in my eyes.

Or is he a cool dude now?

I want Coyle and Kaler to be relieved of their duties. fire them both. Both had done little for the university and could have closed this whole issue down but didn't. Kaler hired Teague and Coyle for just one of these he should have been let go

Kaler is gone. Coyle has saved his job for now as the Fleck hire somehow floats a lot of peoples' boats. Not mine, I want coyle gone but I'd prefer the football continue winning which means I guess I want coyle around... dang it.

Still hate him, he needs to go.

Kaler needs to go and Coyle needs a class in how to manage Crisis situations. I still believe this whole thing will get them sued and they will have to settle and the outpouring of cash will continue. Regardless of how this all ended up, they made such obvious mistakes, I said it at the time too. Not hindsight. They allowed 10 peoples names to get trashed due to "Preponderance of Evidence" which isn't factual. Title IX found no inconsistencies with the report and what was told to authorities, laughable. Girl plead the 5th on the stand about some of her testimony, HUH??? If Coyle had simply come out and said that we need to move the program in a different direction, I would have understood but he made Claeys the scapegoat. No one, not even the ELITE can know what a kid is going to go and do late at night. Kaler is weak , I wouldn't trust Coyle either. Neither individual has shown themselves to be accountable for their own mistakes. While Claeys may not have been the ultimate choice to run the program, he deserved better than what he got from Coyle and Kaler, IMO. They also burnt a lot of bridges with people that had ZERO knowledge or ability to change the situation. It was rookie all over the place.

Kaler needs to go and Coyle needs a class in how to manage Crisis situations. I still believe this whole thing will get them sued and they will have to settle and the outpouring of cash will continue. Regardless of how this all ended up, they made such obvious mistakes, I said it at the time too. Not hindsight. They allowed 10 peoples names to get trashed due to "Preponderance of Evidence" which isn't factual. Title IX found no inconsistencies with the report and what was told to authorities, laughable. Girl plead the 5th on the stand about some of her testimony, HUH??? If Coyle had simply come out and said that we need to move the program in a different direction, I would have understood but he made Claeys the scapegoat. No one, not even the ELITE can know what a kid is going to go and do late at night. Kaler is weak , I wouldn't trust Coyle either. Neither individual has shown themselves to be accountable for their own mistakes. While Claeys may not have been the ultimate choice to run the program, he deserved better than what he got from Coyle and Kaler, IMO. They also burnt a lot of bridges with people that had ZERO knowledge or ability to change the situation. It was rookie all over the place.

Maybe U can give Coyle the option to resign or have his pay docked to pay or the suits...or take a job working the phones in the ticket office.

Major sports programs will never succeed without a president or regents truly supporting the teams. Kaler has only shown contempt for the gophers sports. He hired an AD (Teague) that set back the programs and women's issues decades. Teague came from a basketball only background. Kill had no intention of staying at the U with this kind of power management. He threw Pitino under the bus then got in the drivers seat and drove it back and forth. Pitino not only was a very young coach and learning himself, but inherited a team that wasn't very good. Kaler gave him no mentoring or help.
I suspect with Kaler (and quite possibly Coyle) in charge, I expect good coaches will cut their teeth in Mn and then go on to a better suited school. I would get rid of Kaler in a flash

Kaler ande Coyle will have to go for Fleck to be successful. Hopefully that happens in May. Hope the Regents are looking now!

Quite the contrary. If those two go, Fleck is basically working for two people who didn't hire him and has no loyalty to the place. I don't think Kaler or Coyle should be lauded for how they handled this incident, but stability is what we need right now. Mason is no friend to administration, but he's been saying something in this vein with Barreiro.

If we find out even one of the 10 were completely innocent, then heads should roll.

Coyle still has a half-life of 6-9 months here. Kaler should be terminated with extreme prejudice most rickety tick.

Top Bottom