Just checking, does everyone still hate Kaler?

Still despise.
But after the hire, and BB win last night, I won't spit on him if I pass him on the sidewalk. Just a good long dirty look.

Yes, Kaler is still a self serving ******. He still mostly sucks for the way he handled the suspensions and for bringing us that leech Norwood Teague.

Coyle and Kailer still handled the last issue horribly.

They could have easily tanked the program dicking around like they did.

Nothing Kahler or Coyle do, including this hire, can undo what they have already done.

Except it sure seems from Flugaur's twitter timeline that the entire plan had been worked out since at least December 26th. Seems like most of the angst was lack of information on fans' part, which was incorrectly interpreted as not having a handle on the situation.

He's a diaster, as the stories continue to come out how he botched this whole mess...it shows how manipulative he is. Time to go.

Or is he a cool dude now?

He needs to be called out by the regents for his terrible handling of this whoe bungled mess. He is the face of the U and needs to face the consequences of this terrible stain.

Kaler ande Coyle will have to go for Fleck to be successful. Hopefully that happens in May. Hope the Regents are looking now!

I think Coyle has redeemed himself some in getting Fleck as quickly as he did. He still has some ground to make up with how the whole suspension mess was handled but he needed to move quickly and he did, plus he also went out and got his top guy. If there was any hope of salvaging things at all for this years recruiting class they had to get a new coach ASAP and they did just that.

On the same token I don't think the hiring of Fleck will change the opinion on Kaler much.

Two snakes in the grass. Fleck will be gone in two years for greener pastures as will Pitino. All of the disaster soon to come will be due to Kaler and Coyle.

Here's my thoughts:

He's a nice guy. Pass him on campus, have a small chat, be on your way kinda guy. He is TERRIBLE at handling conflict though, or even taking a strong stance on anything really. Lots of times his press releases don't really say much. He takes the easy side on a lot of things, sometimes that's good, other times it's not. If you polled the general student body though, opinions would average out to nuetral. I know a lot of students who dislike him, some that like him, and a lot who don't really care either way.

I think he could be a nice professor, or other faculty member, but he's not great being the president of the university.

Mush mouth Kaler is not a leader. I don't think he will be around much longer.

Who would trust Kaler & Coyle?

I hope he has a good attorney and a strong contract.

One right does not correct a multitude of wrongs.... Kahler and Coyle need to go.

66+% of people gave the hire of Fleck an A. An odd disconnect between the opinion of the hire and hirers, especially given that Fleck is now the 6th highest paid coach in the Big 10 and 25th in the country.

Except it sure seems from Flugaur's twitter timeline that the entire plan had been worked out since at least December 26th. Seems like most of the angst was lack of information on fans' part, which was incorrectly interpreted as not having a handle on the situation.

I think you incorrectly interpreted the angst.

I still hate Kaler.

Coyle, I think he's a snake, but I'll give him credit for getting his guy.

They're cool. Did well protecting the University and program from tearing itself apart due to the idiotic actions of a small group.

66+% of people gave the hire of Fleck an A. An odd disconnect between the opinion of the hire and hirers, especially given that Fleck is now the 6th highest paid coach in the Big 10 and 25th in the country.

What are you talking about?

Yeah, they made the right hire. Even if it doesn't turn out, their process of hiring the coach they wanted worked.

However, we could have ended up with PJ Fleck without those imbeciles messing up the entire situation.

Every once in awhile an a$$hole farts roses

Anyone could have made that hire when you give them 30 million to throw around which is a conservative figure for the cost of the buyouts and new contracts.

Hope the EOAA people actually hate football because they were instrumental in this massive infusion of cash to the program.

They're cool. Did well protecting the University and program from tearing itself apart due to the idiotic actions of a small group.

I don't know if the EoAA is idiotic, they're educated, they are just politicized zealots.

Teague, the Med School scandal, the Wrestling Drug Ring, the Basketball team incidents, the scapegoating of Claeys?

That all happened on Kaler's watch. Why would the hiring of a good Football Head Coach make that all go away?

The University of Minnesota has quite a history of President's and A.D. saying how shocked they were when a scandal comes to light. Now taking responsibility for them? That never happens.

Top Bottom